A bad Monday

I got a phone call at 9 am this morning that shes was more coordinated  but was still deeply sedated and they felt they couldn't let her out but would phone late afternoon with a up date , at 4 pm a nurse phoned to say she had just walked her round the garden and she had done a pee and i could pick her up at 7,30 after the vet had spoken to me . She has very little coordination  and the moment her head goes down the back legs go as well but if your  slow and got a towel under her  or your legs for support shes fine  shes eating well and has to have Loxicom after her meal , shes making funny noises like a cat purring but we where told that's  going to happen due to the air in her chest . just put the travelling box up in the living room and shes only allowed a lead walk in the garden to do her business and  no jumping or going up stairs its going to be a slow recovery but im hoping she can be back out for the end of the season and if she can i willl be made up 

Ive 3 dogs like lost sheep in the garden that will be happy to see her back  and shes the trouble maker because its been so quiet with out her  just need to win the lotto to pay the bill now but thats the cost of owning dogs 

• Like 7

Glad she's back home mate..

i know the feeling with a hefty vets bill, my incident last year that ended up with me losing my terrier and my little lurcher in for 4 days certainly stung a bit!!

Shes certainly unsteady but i see  a big change in her when you take her out to do her business she leans against the garage or house  , but when we let the older two dogs out the kennel she was pulling towards them with her tail going  , she did her business but it was all diarrhoea and blood  but that to be expected  but in 3 days its the muscle wastage at her back legs that shock me , because the vet said when she went in shes in great condition solid muscle , I got her started on Araca ? as well to help any internal bruising . But just to have her home again for a dog the vet wanted to put down as she wouldn't walk for them  . Shes to go back in to see them after 48 hours in my care but i think they will be surprised  but shes milking it wanting hand fed and no eating from a bowl  but i love a chancer 

12 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Glad she's back home mate..

i know the feeling with a hefty vets bill, my incident last year that ended up with me losing my terrier and my little lurcher in for 4 days certainly stung a bit!!

Aye £95 for over night kenneling and £25 a meal i don't think she would be up for eating and she wouldn't eat there food shes fussy and only eats raw grub anyway  . The receptionist asked have you been told how much it is and she looked embarrassed , but i said you don't keep animals if you cant pay for them 

• Like 3

Had a dog smash a fence at top flight . Dig want breathing for 2 mins . So I picked him up to bury him and a great rush of air came out of him as he was all swole up . He had massivebruising of the entire spine . He was paralysed for over 2 weeks . He came back from it . Was a long process tho. Best of luck

Well i was nightshift monday night so my wife took the bitch to the vets for her follow up app . And it was the fourth vet we had attend the bitch  the vet kept looking behind the wife and asked is that the same dog reading the notes i wasn't expecting the dog to walk in , its a pain taking her out the cage morning , noon and night and walking her round the garden till she does  her business  , hand feeding her and massaging the legs  and giving her her meds but if that's the difference within a week its going to be well worth the lack of sleep shes still very wobbly on her front left leg and she slipped on the snow yesterday and went  down  on her hip but she got right back up and never made a sound . There must be a bit in the notes as the vet said well we cant get it right all the time when the wife said no bad for a dog you wanted to put down less than a week ago  but there giving me a unlimited prescription  on her anti inflammatory pain killer 

• Like 1

We will get there i will be happy if shes out a day or so at the end of this season for a few hours work but if no im sure she will be back after the harvest  this year 

• Like 1

Apart from getting the bitch back to form  her litter sister has taken to growling at her in the passing  in the garden , we had them both in the house but mine was growling  each time they touched each other as shes sore  and her sister doesn't ask to go out , but each time i take my bitch out in the garden she walks up to her sisters kennel and noses her threw the wire  so i hope they will still be able to kennel share when mine goes back out when shes fit or thats going to be another problem