Losing a worker

Just had a quick mooch with the lad nice to get him back out after last weekends disaster.. lurcher marked a little 5 holer, just a mound of rubble and soil.. heard a little thump below as we netted up. 

Entered the big smelly hob and after a minute or 2 we had a rabbit pursed nicely in the net.. 

off to walk some different land this afternoon see if we can manage a few hours out tomorrow.. atb sesku 

5BE15129-40BE-4319-9BE6-B9B000350A29.jpeg

• Like 5

Good on yer mate, it's good to see a youngster out hunting and getting shown how to fill the pot by his father, I like using my hob as he don't miss much, slower than Jill's but nothing is getting by him iv seen my big hob"big nose"  drag coney out of Warren a few times. If you was closer your boy could have one of my Jill's. Atb

I have always  used a probe , i know it is something else to carry but the amount of digging it can save you can be huge and i always thought it to be a natural  companion to the spade and locator . A versatile bit of kit with many uses.

mickspics284.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture040.jpg

DSCF3103_zpsai2x9xkj.jpg

• Like 1
15 hours ago, micky said:

I have always  used a probe , i know it is something else to carry but the amount of digging it can save you can be huge and i always thought it to be a natural  companion to the spade and locator . A versatile bit of kit with many uses.

mickspics284.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture040.jpg

DSCF3103_zpsai2x9xkj.jpg

I’ll be getting a probe , the dig was clay mate couldn’t shift owt by hand.. not an excuse I should have been more careful in hindsight I wish I’d just left the rabbit for another day it was getting dark and we was nearly back at the motor..