Notts doorman

Both my nephew's dad's are/were doormen in Nottingham. Both very big lads, more than capable of looking after themselves,  but the abuse they're expected to put up with is unbelievable.........and when you're a big lad, every pi55ed up, 10 stone tw4t fancies their chances, for some reason !

If you poke a dog often enough, don't be surprised when you get bit !

• Like 2

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah! What a sh*tty f*ck*ng night! I'd much rather sit out here, drinking whiskey, watching the stars and listening to the coyotes than deal with that sh*te!

You should never think about hard Dick's and other blokes at the same thine it's just wrong.

nothing more than opinions really..... if any of you take a good look at the start of the fight.....the doorman is getting dragged round by his coat over his head.....the fella that gets hit 3 ti

2 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Just down the M1 from Sheffield. Sounds like Bullwell.

Bulwell ! That was a 5hithole when I was a lad........and it still is ! Me and the good lady lived there for a bit before we got married........then we moved to St.Anns - if they like you, they let you live !

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, PLEDGEY said:

I know a few Door Men and they have to put up with some right ass holes. They get spat on, women try and brain them with their stilettos and nutters try and shank them. Drinkers today are of the 'Tony Blair' generation, think they have a right to get away with anything. Bit of a reality check brings them back down to Earth.

Actually I think door men of today have it much easier   because of cctv ect plus there's not the community spirit anymore the lads don't back each other up like they use to .

• Like 1
Just now, Blackbriar said:

Bulwell ! That was a 5hithole when I was a lad........and it still is ! Me and the good lady lived there for a bit before we got married........then we moved to St.Anns - if they like you, they let you live !

Patriotic as f**k though, I remember driving through bullwell on st George's day and there were crosses everywhere you looked.

2 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

Yeah! What a sh*tty f*ck*ng night! I'd much rather sit out here, drinking whiskey, watching the stars and listening to the coyotes than deal with that sh*te! :thumbs:

my kind of man you chris..apart from no wily coyotes round these parts..loads of fox running together tnite though..noisy gits.lol.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

Both my nephew's dad's are/were doormen in Nottingham. Both very big lads, more than capable of looking after themselves,  but the abuse they're expected to put up with is unbelievable.........and when you're a big lad, every pi55ed up, 10 stone tw4t fancies their chances, for some reason !

If you poke a dog often enough, don't be surprised when you get bit !

helped out  at couple local pubs on friday  night , and on new years eve , when i was young fit bloke, the gaffer of the pubs and the other doormen  who been doing it years , told me  stay in the pub doorway ,and  only  evict  them outside  the pub. for 2 reasons , 1st your only paid  to keep trouble outside the building , 2nd when it kick off like  a free for all , that when you could get  a blade in your back etc , as long as they not damaging  any property  to the pub or club , he sad let them kick the shit out of each other .  on the door standing your ground back to the wall type thing , with your other doormen  watching each other back  is the way to do it. hitting a pissed up bloke dead easy  you can get off lot of punches  before they know what it hit them, the only time its dangerous is with some strong fit  fooker , who can handle his drink , these type dont feel much pain  when they had drink,  they need  rounders bat  back of the head  to stop them .

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TOMO said:

nothing more than opinions really.....

if any of you take a good look at the start of the fight.....the doorman is getting dragged round by his coat over his head.....the fella that gets hit 3 times and ulimatly knocked out.....is the same fella that is unloading uppercuts on the doorman at the begining.....so you could argue he got what was coming....

you could argue that Tomo, but personally i think the 3rd time was a bit much. having said that none of us are aware of the events that caused the mayhem in the first place. 

1 hour ago, byron said:

my kind of man you chris..apart from no wily coyotes round these parts..loads of fox running together tnite though..noisy gits.lol.

No worries, mate! We have a lot of clear skies and it's one of the quietest places in the union. Also, I buy whiskey by the caseload so let me know if you're nearby! :thumbs: