Polycarbonate greenhouse

Dunno eBay stuff is hit n miss on quality,that said the one we got could do with a bigger lip for attaching the roof vent to the frame it's always falling off,(it's been off for 2 weeks now ?)

I'm tempted to fix it down as I just open the door when it gets to warm inside anyways.

• Like 1

i have seen them on allotments with the odd pannel missing. i was told the pannel can flex in big winds and pop out/ blow away.. you could brace the pannels across the middle.

im sure you can find a free or cheep greenhouse reasonably local that needs takeing down and moving

Eh up Arry. You can't be looking hard enough lol. Not only was I given one which, incidentally, is in full use up on the allotment, but have been offered at least 3 more for the sake of collection. Watch your local rag and all the usual social media adverts. I also see loads of unused greenhouses just driving through the local villages. I'm betting you will pick one up and all the gubernatorial that goes with it like butts, hoses, watering cans pots and trays etc. Just keep your eyes open pal. Jok.

• Like 2

Can’t see that lasting long and definitely not made to last if it 17 quid lol ..Make a poly tunnel .3 scaffold bords 1 cur in half for front and back two for the Sides get 6 2 ft length piece of scaffolding bar drive it in ground ge5 some yellow flexi pipe that they  use underground and get some plastic from garden yard.

Just to re-enforce previous comments. I have just had a marquee blown into the next county and it had been anchored securely, or so I thought. My £2500 and your £17 sound very similar when you no longer have them. Just a thought. Jok.

I just can't find a second hand one.....tried all the usual places but keep missing em. I have loads of spare glass as well! I'm aware I'm running out of time before spring. Where I'm going to put it is between my work shop and a fence so fairly sheltered but will get the sun. Poly carb are so much cheaper I can get one delivered fairly soon, as long as they are just as good for plants I'll get one. 

If you can’t find one  can I have your spare glass :whistling: .. lost  nine panes out of mine due to the wind :( .there was two in our local rag the other week , take them down and take them away ..keep looking mate one will turn up , with my luck it’s useually about an hour after you buy one  ..

15 hours ago, jok said:

Eh up Arry. You can't be looking hard enough lol. Not only was I given one which, incidentally, is in full use up on the allotment, but have been offered at least 3 more for the sake of collection. Watch your local rag and all the usual social media adverts. I also see loads of unused greenhouses just driving through the local villages. I'm betting you will pick one up and all the gubernatorial that goes with it like butts, hoses, watering cans pots and trays etc. Just keep your eyes open pal. Jok.

No I meant I haven't seen a good poly carb one and those are the ones iv'e seen blow apart. Thats exactly how I got my glass one and they are out there needed a few extra pains of glass.

Cheers Arry