On the mixy perm

Well I had planned a good afternoons sport on a perm I haven't visited since mid November but the van wouldn't start and her indoors needed the car so I had to wait for her to return. This meant just a couple of hours on there instead but I've not been out in a while so anything is better than nothing!

The perm in question was riddled with mixy last year so I stayed off for a bit and the numbers have come back nicely and no signs of the disease anywhere.......yet.

It was a quick wander round the wooded boundary with nothing within range but I saw a few bolting for cover after they heard my wellies flopping towards them with me in tow!!!!!

The two bunnies below came right at the end of the session within 5 minutes of each other. The first was a cracking shot if I do say so myself. I clocked him at 75 yards away and stalked into 56 yards, 9x magnification and two mildot holdover, a squeak to get his head up and whollop, over he went. The second one I spotted on the way back to the car in the wood I walked initially and with the cross hairs on his napper the AA Fields dropped the last one of the day.

Bitterly cold but no breeze at all made it a great couple of hours and then back home to butcher these for a friend of mine.

20180107_190819-2016x1512.thumb.jpg.e49852832e97f5de11dc295855d4c5aa.jpg

Two lovely heads shots above, and below, the two ready for trayng up. 

They were in top condition, you can see how lovely and dark the livers are??

20180107_190714-2016x1512.thumb.jpg.aa543c60e7a8d430ef79056b1fd4802a.jpg

I'm looking forward to getting out again this coming week as the winds have dropped now thank God!!!

20180107_193312-2016x1512.thumb.jpg.84e4436e202ddce29f35bdf874e07a9e.jpg

• Like 11

Good shooting Matt! 

Quick question and it might sound a little daft but is there anything in particular you’re looking out for when checking the liver/kidneys? Or is it just anything that doesn’t look right? Shot a fair few pigeons, crows and the like but it’s a different ball game with them really. Just breast em and done. 

15 minutes ago, Mark_mjs93 said:

Good shooting Matt! 

Quick question and it might sound a little daft but is there anything in particular you’re looking out for when checking the liver/kidneys? Or is it just anything that doesn’t look right? Shot a fair few pigeons, crows and the like but it’s a different ball game with them really. Just breast em and done. 

Just check for white spots on the liver as this will show mixy or liver fluke and discoloured lungs as well give away health issues?

• Like 1