Log burner

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Basically, add wood to the fire and make note of when you have to leave the room/open the windows and doors/waft the smoke alarm. It's one less log than that.

It's a dog thing....

Totnes , Devon mate. Don't want any thing for it. Cheers Arry

Posted Images

Seems too cheap be be any good but 5year warranty and 81% effeciency in wood would seem to say it ain’t to bad at all.

even some of most efficient are at around 87%.

i have bought a Charnwood C5 which is around 85% efficient I believe but they are approaching £1k I believe. It is a good well made stove 

Keep looking on review sites, Amazon also do product revues I know some of those cheap machinemart ones can glow a bit red if you get them a to warm but it's only a metal box really let us know how things go 

• Like 1

290 is a little log, only ever see 33 or 50cm wood burners. Havent bought in wood for a while but its always metre lengths that i cut in half for my own woodburner, im put of a woodburner thats 33cm as its a third more work & fuel for the chainsaw. But its the main source of heat at mine.

8 minutes ago, Waz said:

290 is a little log, only ever see 33 or 50cm wood burners. Havent bought in wood for a while but its always metre lengths that i cut in half for my own woodburner, im put of a woodburner thats 33cm as its a third more work & fuel for the chainsaw. But its the main source of heat at mine.

Most logs that are sold are around the 8” mark our longest ones would be around 11” so would fit this stove , they have to be short for the likes of inset stoves and pot belly stoves . 

2 hours ago, Archi said:

Seems too cheap be be any good but 5year warranty and 81% effeciency in wood would seem to say it ain’t to bad at all.

even some of most efficient are at around 87%.

i have bought a Charnwood C5 which is around 85% efficient I believe but they are approaching £1k I believe. It is a good well made stove 

Aye charnwood I have it's my main heating/hot water system was 2k. Great system. House is boiling when is on. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

I can't find a bad review.....seems to good to be true for a make iv never heard of! Like gas been said for that price I can sell it on if it's shit and still not overly loose out 

For that kind of money, what could you really lose? It's not like you have to stoke up and test it to failure.

• Like 1