Im working on a way of having a trail camera in the middle of a pond that brings in ducks . I've tried it on a post that borders the pond but I thinking set the camera to high to trigger anything . I didn't want to put it to low incase rain filled up pond and drowned the camera. 

So here's my idea . Pick as many holes in it as you want . Ive got a few pictures from the bank bit hoped to get a few from the middle of the rheeds.  

I've been working on a prototype with my boy tonight . The pipe will be hammered into the pond and the brackets are loose around the pipe . All I need to do now is fashion some polystyrene to the bottom of the trap to make it float so any change in water height the camera will remain water height 

Any thoughts?

IMG_20180107_184305.jpg

IMG_20180107_184311.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mackem said:

In theory sounds perfect,practical might be something else entirely,whats the trigger time on the cam?

Tbh Im not entirely sure . I think I can change the trigger time . It's only a 50 quid camera but some decent quality on it.

One thought I have had is the worry wind will turn the camera to face the rheeds 

1 minute ago, mackem said:

Yup,i thought that as well mate,,trail cams are invaluable to know who/whats around :thumbs:

It's my first time duck shooting and the guy who is taking me has had right to that pond for 20 years . So much so the farmer refers to it as his field . He's never seen what lands on his pond at night apart from what he's shooting when he's there at dusk . He's been really interested in the pictures and seing what's on there . Same with me and my kids . The night pictures seem to show a fair few ducks and that is only 1/3 of the pond . 

I might hammer some bamboo either side of the plastic post to try steady up the camera 

• Like 1