Star gazing/Astronomy

Anyone into it? Young un went mad for space and stars etc back end of last year so bought her a little toy telescope for xmas. Long story short you get what you pay for and it turns out this is a piece of tatt! I am considering getting a 'grown up' telescope for her but there are so many out there just wondering if anyone could offer advice as to one good enough to see stars/moon/mars etc but on a reasonably tight budget around hundred quid? Maybe a bit more if it opened up to next level etc.

Don't know much about telescopes but on a tightbudget I would always go for a good second hand model over a cheaper new one, not knowing the age your daughter, but if she has an iPhone there are some pretty good free apps for astrology, my daughter holds her phone up and it names all the stars and planets it's looking at which is really interesting and quite educational, good luck with it what ever you choose 

• Like 1

All down to ones personal choice and to how much ones is willing to spend, like other things       "Rifle Scopes,Camera Lenses, Binoculars and so on it is the quality of the glass or polished mirror that counts".   Read as much as you can about Refractor and Reflector Scopes, look at posts on YouTube and so on.  Then look at your pocket and try to find the best that will fit that you are willing to give at this moment.  In the end it is your money and choice.

Good luck and all the very best

Edited by just-A-snap