No Hunting with dogs vote

17 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

NHS  will be next to crushed by the tories 

Vote for individual candidates that reflect your views. Your mp is there to represent you. Find one you agree with most and support him or stand yourself. 

All this tories are evil shite is just buying into the game of a two party system. There are some fantastic tory mps, even some great Labour ones. 

I keep saying it, but it's no use complaining, it is democracy and we are getting what we vote for.....we are being directed by the media and people are buying these stories. The hunting issue is a perfect example....if you believe the tories have let us down with it then please do tell us what they should of done/do? 

• Like 3

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The reason prosecutions are up in the north, is because it's really hard to prove that 4 lads accidently crashed through a farm gate in a four X four  catapulting a pair of bull X,s out the widow whic

there is more chance of of riding shergar up the M6 than the ban being repealed  .. it will never hapen..

It's like banging my head against a brick wall trying to explain this to people....  .....we don't want the free vote as we can't win it. We can have the vote if we want but hunting organisations

Posted Images

Put more money into britian instead of foreign aid and cut expenses for mps and house of Lords and legalise drugs and bring more revenue  that would do for a start edited to add and stop.penaliseing the disabled 

Edited by nothernlite
  • Like 3

Chris Pitt from the LACS is being interviewed on TV at the moment,using emotive language "animals being ripped apart with dogs" "Hidden sport deep in the countryside" etc f***ing hell coursing for example was first documented in 180AD its natural,man and dog the perfect symbiotic partnership.Now he is on about trail hunting using again emotive language "animal based scent" he wants the hunting act strengthened :fool: its already screwed up tight,what next,rats?

• Like 1

It’s a no brainer. May’s only doing the obvious and clearing the air regarding the hunting vote. We had no chance of winning the vote. Social media is real problem now, press a button and send bullshit to thousands of people in one hit, and most believe what they read. Keep supporting hunting and getting out there, it’s a few hundred noisy keyboard antis that are stirring things up. 

• Like 1

The reason prosecutions are up in the north, is because it's really hard to prove that 4 lads accidently crashed through a farm gate in a four X four  catapulting a pair of bull X,s out the widow which just happened to land behind a hare and kill it while there mate miraculously was stood by the gate filming the whole incident on his phone, were as one bloke walking his dog,s on public footpath,s accidentally gets on a deer or a hare and is really sorry and upset about it is very hard to convict, as is a group of men/women following a drag scent when there dogs accidently get off after a real fox and kill it, it,s the 2 minute wonders that the countryside can do with out that make up most of the prosecutions so I won't shed a tear, I,ll just carry on being discreet and enjoying my countryside walks just like I have for over 30 years, 

• Like 12

Keep voting main party, you know it makes sense ! Lol 

what is it they say?......the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same things and expecting a different result ? Lol 

28 minutes ago, mackem said:

Chris Pitt from the LACS is being interviewed on TV at the moment,using emotive language "animals being ripped apart with dogs" "Hidden sport deep in the countryside" etc f***ing hell coursing for example was first documented in 180AD its natural,man and dog the perfect symbiotic partnership.Now he is on about trail hunting using again emotive language "animal based scent" he wants the hunting act strengthened :fool: its already screwed up tight,what next,rats?

They will come after fishing if they get their way.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, nothernlite said:

Put more money into britian instead of foreign aid and cut expenses for mps and house of Lords and legalise drugs and bring more revenue  that would do for a start edited to add and stop.penaliseing the disabled 

I ment on hunting. 

I think Labour wouldn't do any different on the things you mention......they may borrow more money to give more benifits to win votes short term but that's 

5 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

It's like banging my head against a brick wall trying to explain this to people.... 

.....we don't want the free vote as we can't win it. We can have the vote if we want but hunting organisations have said no please don't. It's not Teresa mays fault......she doesn't have a magic wand. Hunting was banned democratically by a free vote.....if we had a Conservative majority we could have had another vote. TM wasn't a hunting person but she still supported us, she didn't have to. 

Some people struggle to understand parliamentary democracy......they think the PM is like a 15 century Queen who can just click their fingers and make it happen. 

The reason prosecutions for hunting are up is because the police, gamekeepers etc have become better at catching and prosecuting hare coursers..... The reason prosecutions of hunts are down is because we have got better at interpreting the law, working legal exemptions and we are very practiced at defending our self's in court. It's not because hunts are rich, elite, stone masons or tories ?

While I agree with everything you've posted here I contest the reasons hunting prosecutions are up. They're up because idiots document their crimes and have little discretion. As has been discussed in the other thread the future favours the stealthy!

4 hours ago, nothernlite said:

NHS  will be next to crushed by the tories 

Hopefully! You can't fix broken. You have to replace broken!

4 hours ago, nothernlite said:

I agree with this in principle but before any of the public sector get the money we need to sort out their ability to serve and their accountability when they do. Throwing money at them would be like asking a heroin addict to self-regulate their consumption.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Hunting was banned democratically by a free vote....

Kind of... the house of commons voted for an outright ban, but the house of lords kept refusing to sign off the law. Normally in this situation it would have failed to become law, but the then speaker Michael Martin took the exceptionally unusual step of invoking the parliament act (which was really created to push through difficult laws in time of war), which forced the ban into law. The house of lords and the law courts are part of a system of 'checks and balances' to stop the house of commons making up whatever laws they like.

bbc brief history hunting act

Edited by Caravan Monster
15 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

Kind of... the house of commons voted for an outright ban, but the house of lords kept refusing to sign off the law. Normally in this situation it would have failed to become law, but the then speaker Michael Martin took the exceptionally unusual step of invoking the parliament act (which was really created to push through difficult laws in time of war), which forced the ban into law. The house of lords and the law courts are part of a system of 'checks and balances' to stop the house of commons making up whatever laws they like.

bbc brief history hunting act

That's all very true but it's difficult to argue that the Lords is very democratic at all. The Lords only exists because the aristocracy was concerned that the common man's voice in a democratic system would completely destroy their own concerns. Checks and balances is a weak justification for their continued existence imo.

Whether or not we like it the hunting act in all probability was and is representative of the will of the people.

Edited by Born Hunter
40 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

That's all very true but it's difficult to argue that the Lords is very democratic at all. The Lords only exists because the aristocracy was concerned that the common man's voice in a democratic system would completely destroy their own concerns. Checks and balances is a weak justification for their continued existence imo.

Whether or not we like it the hunting act in all probability was and is representative of the will of the people.

I see it more as an example of an interest group (antis) finding common ground with politicians and manipulating the legislative system to the fullest extent (and beyond imo) of the bounds of the constitution. A bad thing regardless of the interest group. There wasn't much representing the will of the people going on, only those with skin in the game had genuine interest in the matter, anything else was a knee jerk reaction for the media or 'surveys'. I have no love for the aristocracy, but the alternative of a house of commons with fewer constraints on its law making is a worrying prospect, they create far too many pointless and stupid laws as it is.