No Hunting with dogs vote

I've just seen that teresa May has said on the andrew marr show that the intention to hold a free vote in this parliament has been shelved due to public opinion. Also that prosecutions for dog related wildlife crime had doubled last year.  Mainly in the north east.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The reason prosecutions are up in the north, is because it's really hard to prove that 4 lads accidently crashed through a farm gate in a four X four  catapulting a pair of bull X,s out the widow whic

there is more chance of of riding shergar up the M6 than the ban being repealed  .. it will never hapen..

It's like banging my head against a brick wall trying to explain this to people....  .....we don't want the free vote as we can't win it. We can have the vote if we want but hunting organisations

Posted Images

Nope. Went on the march in London with tens òf thousands òf others  which was supposed to have been one of the biggest marches ever. That was just ignored. Democracy. ? Someone needs to get some work done on political campaigning. Whoever is whispering in her ear is doing a better job.

• Like 1

It's like banging my head against a brick wall trying to explain this to people.... 

.....we don't want the free vote as we can't win it. We can have the vote if we want but hunting organisations have said no please don't. It's not Teresa mays fault......she doesn't have a magic wand. Hunting was banned democratically by a free vote.....if we had a Conservative majority we could have had another vote. TM wasn't a hunting person but she still supported us, she didn't have to. 

Some people struggle to understand parliamentary democracy......they think the PM is like a 15 century Queen who can just click their fingers and make it happen. 

The reason prosecutions for hunting are up is because the police, gamekeepers etc have become better at catching and prosecuting hare coursers..... The reason prosecutions of hunts are down is because we have got better at interpreting the law, working legal exemptions and we are very practiced at defending our self's in court. It's not because hunts are rich, elite, stone masons or tories ?

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
42 minutes ago, Meece said:

Nope. Went on the march in London with tens òf thousands òf others  which was supposed to have been one of the biggest marches ever. That was just ignored. Democracy. ? Someone needs to get some work done on political campaigning. Whoever is whispering in her ear is doing a better job.

More than a million marched against the Iraq war as well. Totally ignored were just an income to the Westminster nothing else. When was the last time they ever listened to the people or done anything for us. 

Look at brexit they have tried every trick in the book to worm out of it and drag their heels. Wait till election time when they need votes they will promise the hunting community yet again to take a vote on the ban. And yet again a lot of guillible c**ts will believe them lol

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Threw in a Like for going mate 

should have smashed London apart imho when we went 

We did have a bit of a set to with a load of antis who were standing in an entrance to an underground station  on the right just as we turned away from the embankment behind a solid line of police. But the march was like a river of people and we were being threatened  by the police. Still as the river òf people passed by others took up the verbal abuse.

16 minutes ago, scothunter said:

More than a million marched against the Iraq war as well. Totally ignored were just an income to the Westminster nothing else. When was the last time they ever listened to the people or done anything for us. 

Look at brexit they have tried every trick in the book to worm out of it and drag their heels. Wait till election time when they need votes they will promise the hunting community yet again to take a vote on the ban. And yet again a lot of guillible c**ts will believe them lol

? we can have a vote tomorrow but we would loose it......

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, scothunter said:

How useful a second amendment would be :whistling:   LOL LOL

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

? we can have a vote tomorrow but we would loose it......

Everything else you have written I completely agree with but on this point, do you not think that the hunting lobbyists have lost power now? After the failed GE I think that the Tories see such strong support for repeal as a net negative now and have/will reduce the strength of their support as a strategy to gain more centre ground socially. Its clear now the whole hunting thing shows them as very outdated. Their transformation in to New Labour is nearly complete, and frankly I cant blame them, it's what the British people seem to want.... the delusional b*****ds! LOL.

No I don't. It's heading that way yes. We are after all getting the politicians that we vote for. But people obviously don't see what goes on behind the scenes......TM knows nothing about hunting and owes us nothing yet she would of given us a vote, the tories even introduced a test vote (vote on flushing to guns) to see if the snp would break their promise and interfere (they did). The media are trying to make the most of these non stories and people are falling for it. Hunting people saying 'they lied and I'll never vote for them again'.... Meanwhile the only alternative government is a Labour one led by corbyn. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

No I don't. It's heading that way yes. We are after all getting the politicians that we vote for. But people obviously don't see what goes on behind the scenes......TM knows nothing about hunting and owes us nothing yet she would of given us a vote, the tories even introduced a test vote (vote on flushing to guns) to see if the snp would break their promise and interfere (they did). The media are trying to make the most of these non stories and people are falling for it. Hunting people saying 'they lied and I'll never vote for them again'.... Meanwhile the only alternative government is a Labour one led by corbyn. 

Fair enough, I agree with most of that but I'd conclude that we are already there, as of this failed GE. The Tories have dropped it to distance themselves, if hunting lobbyists still held the same power they did then the vote would not have been dropped surely? The Tories will support country sports as the rural vote is part of their core but there is a lot of room for change in strategy there and imo what's happened here is just that.

10 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Fair enough, I agree with most of that but I'd conclude that we are already there, as of this failed GE. The Tories have dropped it to distance themselves, if hunting lobbyists still held the same power they did then the vote would not have been dropped surely? The Tories will support country sports as the rural vote is part of their core but there is a lot of room for change in strategy there and imo what's happened here is just that.

To be fair most hunting lobbyists thought the vote shouldn't of been included last time!!