6 minutes ago, walshie said:

He can't go out yet, he's got 5000 pellets to lube. :D

Seriously though, what advantage can there be? 

about .2ftlb and slightly better grouping with sh1t pellets!

had a go... never to be repeated again80

4 minutes ago, si brown said:

about .2ftlb and slightly better grouping with sh1t pellets!

had a go... never to be repeated again80

Fair enough, but does the .2 ft/lb make any difference? And wouldn't buying better pellets save all the aggro?

I use the Napier oil. Nothing to do with accuracy I just like that there is some thing going down the barrel that is going to leave a bit of oiliness in there. As for grouping I don't have any issues. Let a mate of mine have a shoot over the Christmas break. We were in a barn and put some targets out, just some rat and magpie silhouettes, at 25 yrds. Come the end we had a 1 1/2'' long piece of 15mm diameter copper pipe with a 6'' concrete block on it, to stop the pipe from moving, and my mate was shooting straight down it no problem. Baring in mind my S410 is left-handed and he's right handed I think that's pretty good. EDIT; this was not free hand, he was shooting off a bag on a table....he ain't THAT good :-)

• Like 1

I was going to try this method but after a fair bit of reading on the subject and getting square eyes watching youtube footage, I didn't bother as the pellets are working fine. I did note however that most of the guys who were lubing pellets were washing and drying them first to remove all the swarf. This aspect of the process seems to be very important from what I saw.

Maybe one day

Phil