21 hours ago, myersbg said:

As Walshie  say's, strong as hell, they would hold a boar if asked

DSCN0165.JPG

DSCN0166 (1).JPG

What's the chance of been able to get some pics, I make my own traps, but always struggle to get a good trigger/door system.

2 minutes ago, myersbg said:

The trigger mech is pretty strait forward, the only fault is easily triggered by something brushing up against it as it is on the outside, i have found that tying it with a piece of grass helps to stop the problem. 

If it's really windy I use a tiny bit of blu-tack. 

Yes please walshie, am always looking at new ideas, I have a few traps, all with different designs, tweaking them all the time trying to improve the idea. Building two or three more soon so be very interested to see what they have.

myersbg, I know I'm daft, but tying it with grass ?

i have one that can be set as a hair trigger, or require a fair bit to trip depending how I set it.

the biggest problem I have is the fox pulling at the bait from behind or side of the trap, I've watched them on camera and they actually seem a bit daft, they often don't even go round the door end, just start attacking the side of the trap, problem is that often trips the door.

1 hour ago, Rabid said:

Yes please walshie, am always looking at new ideas, I have a few traps, all with different designs, tweaking them all the time trying to improve the idea. Building two or three more soon so be very interested to see what they have.

i have one that can be set as a hair trigger, or require a fair bit to trip depending how I set it.

the biggest problem I have is the fox pulling at the bait from behind or side of the trap, I've watched them on camera and they actually seem a bit daft, they often don't even go round the door end, just start attacking the side of the trap, problem is that often trips the door.

When you see it you will get what i mean

2 hours ago, Rabid said:

I'll get you some pics from different angles tomorrow mate. Foxes taking the bait from outside the cage can still set them off if they touch the treadle plate.