Can’t make it out

Alright lads this always leaves me scratching me head have you ever had this happen ? 

Long story short was having a chat with me cousin he’s got a lovely coursing bitch Romeo x something I can’t mind now . Anyway 1st year she’s doing everything you’d expect of her . Proper cracking bitch she is looks a picture as well and you can’t ask for more of her . Anyway summer comes and he said your thinking she’ll be a better bitch bit more strength bit more experience next season.

Then the second season comes around and she doesn’t progress how she should in fact she got worse !

I should add there’s no injury’s to this bitch she’s tret like a princess . She’s checked and I’d even say molly coddled. 

Untill this week she through the towel in and jacks . A proper jack as well I don’t mean can see it’s quarry going to a hedge and decides it’s to close and stops . I mean stops dead with plenty of room and comes back faster than it was going out . And that’s it downs tools and won’t graft no more !

Now ive seen this happen with terriers as well, brilliant first season then second season seems to be worse  . how comes they seem better in the 1st year of work and the second season seem to get worse and even regress !  you’d be happy if they remained the same . Anyway always leaves me wondering Sorry for the long post lads lol thought ? 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

living in doesn't stop thousands of years of instinct, "some" feel the cold more but they've generally got crap coats anyway, think you get a better bond imo

Ffs you would think if the dog had it in it surely bringing in the house isn't going to stop.it doing what it loves need to stop bringing my dogs in and no pat them ???

Bred a litter of terriers years ago when I was starting out and my mother fell for a little bitch pup, it was taken into the house at six weeks old and that's where it stayed, anyway a few years later

6 minutes ago, marshman said:

Alright lads this always leaves me scratching me head have you ever had this happen ? 

Long story short was having a chat with me cousin he’s got a lovely coursing bitch Romeo x something I can’t mind now . Anyway 1st year she’s doing everything you’d expect of her . Proper cracking bitch she is looks a picture as well and you can’t ask for more of her . Anyway summer comes and he said your thinking she’ll be a better bitch bit more strength bit more experience next season.

Then the second season comes around and she doesn’t progress how she should in fact she got worse !

I should add there’s no injury’s to this bitch she’s tret like a princess . She’s checked and I’d even say molly coddled. 

Untill this week she through the towel in and jacks . A proper jack as well I don’t mean can see it’s quarry going to a hedge and decides it’s to close and stops . I mean stops dead with plenty of room and comes back faster than it was going out . And that’s it downs tools and won’t graft no more !

Now ive seen this happen with terriers as well, brilliant first season then second season seems to be worse  . how comes they seem better in the 1st year of work and the second season seem to get worse and even regress !  you’d be happy if they remained the same . Anyway always leaves me wondering Sorry for the long post lads lol thought ? 

same with horses  mate  horse breaks two track records at 3/4 wins 4 straight group 1,s cost half a mill as a yearling themn looses 3 on the spin at odds of 1/20 1/5 evens it happens to the best bred 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, socks said:

If that's a short sort I'd hate to see a long one lol ... could it be the dog is treated to softly and it's blended into a lazy pet instead of a working dog ....

Don’t know might be mate but she’s tret well but not tret like a pet if that makes sense . Should treating a dog well make it get worse I don’t know 

I've seen decent working dogs that have been moved out of the kennel into the house and by the next season they were a bag of shit ... and the only thing that changed was they were treated like pets and not workers ......

• Like 3

I've seen decent working dogs that have been moved out of the kennel into the house and by the next season they were a bag of shit ... and the only thing that changed was they were treated like pets and not workers ......

No I know what you mean mate but this bitch lives outside . She’s looked after well in her 1st year same as 2nd there’s no change in lifestyle, but just couldn’t or wouldn’t do what it did first season . 

18 minutes ago, marshman said:

No I know what you mean mate but this bitch lives outside . She’s looked after well in her 1st year same as 2nd there’s no change in lifestyle, but just couldn’t or wouldn’t do what it did first season . 

An injury that's not been spotted ???

• Like 1

An injury that's not been spotted ???

Maybe time will tell I suppose   but bitch looks a picture bouncing in fact . Personally I think she just hasn’t got the minerals and has just decided it’s not for her . 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, CRAZYHORSE said:

If she just came out of season, she could be in a flat spot. A lot of coursing men have to jab their bitches to suppress their season 

She did have a season but it was a tidy while ago now we worked out  , he’s got that that jab today ?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, marshman said:

She did have a season but it was a tidy while ago now we worked out  , he’s got that that jab today ?

They loose form for about 16 weeks if they  are not jabbed, so if you’re bitch comes in season twice a year it’s a nightmare 

• Like 2