Rusty_terrier

Goals for 2018

Not one for new years resolutions as such but I like to set myself achievable goals for throughout the year. I try to make them as good and as achievable as possible. I keep a weekly diary and give myself small steps I need to get past to get my goals complete as seeing them written down and checked off helps me stick too them.

For 2018 my main goal is to get the house extended. Wife wants the extra space and id enjoy a bigger kitchen so after holidays first port of call is a visit to the bank. 

My side goals are to make an extra 2 grand on top of my salary however I can. Not much I know but do able an gives me motivation as I never once done overtime that was going at work for 6 months straight last year through laziness.  I plan on reading a chapter of a book to my wee boy everynight no matter what else ive got on. And I plan in giving my fitness/ thai boxing as much effort as I can and see how fit I can get and where that leads me. 

Anybody else do anything similar or have anything they hope they can get done in 2018 and if so how do you go about it ?

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Not one for new years resolutions as such but I like to set myself achievable goals for throughout the year. I try to make them as good and as achievable as possible. I keep a weekly diary and give myself small steps I need to get past to get my goals complete as seeing them written down and checked off helps me stick too them.

For 2018 my main goal is to get the house extended. Wife wants the extra space and id enjoy a bigger kitchen so after holidays first port of call is a visit to the bank. 

My side goals are to make an extra 2 grand on top of my salary however I can. Not much I know but do able an gives me motivation as I never once done overtime that was going at work for 6 months straight last year through laziness.  I plan on reading a chapter of a book to my wee boy everynight no matter what else ive got on. And I plan in giving my fitness/ thai boxing as much effort as I can and see how fit I can get and where that leads me. 

Anybody else do anything similar or have anything they hope they can get done in 2018 and if so how do you go about it ?

Good luck in your goals mine is to try more spicey \  curry  fish dishes  in a wok 👍

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Good luck in your goals mine is to try more spicey \  curry  fish dishes  in a wok 👍

Can't see you having much trouble with that one haha

21 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I plan on reading a chapter of a book to my wee boy everynight no matter what else ive got on. 

That's a nice one :yes: they grow up quick.

• Like 1

Good luck to you rusty I hope you achieve your wishes .... I can't plan for tomorrow never mind a year lol 

• Haha 1

My aim for the year is to get a holiday abroad . I haven't been abroad for 10 years and this year I'd like to take my kids on a plane to somewhere hot with a pool / kids club / evening entertainment and all inclusive . My boy will be 8 this year and is of a age where flying on a plane with be the best thing he's ever experienced . Me and Mrs just want sun on our back and relax in a hotel for a week . Sick of British holidays where it rains all the time 

• Like 3

right 1st , hope wolves my team can go all the way, and get back in premiership , they top of the championship  with 12 point lead, so come on ye wolves make a old  w-ton  lad happy. 2nd  got to keep to my 2 new year  resolutions , i keep that to me self , money ok, not to bad mortgage  paid for from sale of my old property , health ok suppose for my age 65 , got few ailments  that drag me down  every day, but i know there 100s out there worse than me . so only got 3 goals   this year i want to see/do  :thumbs:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

My aim for the year is to get a holiday abroad . I haven't been abroad for 10 years and this year I'd like to take my kids on a plane to somewhere hot with a pool / kids club / evening entertainment and all inclusive . My boy will be 8 this year and is of a age where flying on a plane with be the best thing he's ever experienced . Me and Mrs just want sun on our back and relax in a hotel for a week . Sick of British holidays where it rains all the time 

Funny old thing aint it me a the mrs are and have been sick to the back teeth of holidays in the sun ...last few years we been holidaying in the uk and loving it ...i know where your coming from  regards your kids though its great to give them that experience  I suppose that's the difference my kids are all grown up now ....good luck :thumbs:

• Like 1

Get in shape for my wedding. Been together 25 years and we’ve never felt like doing it before but it just seems right at the min. Nice hol in the Maldives too so every cloud and all that lol. 

Get out shooting and fishing a bit more. Really struggled last year with work but that pays for the fun I suppose. 

Good luck to everyone with all the targets they set themselves 

Just now, kanny said:

Funny old thing aint it me a the mrs are and have been sick to the back teeth of holidays in the sun ...last few years we been holidaying in the uk and loving it ...i know where your coming from  regards your kids though its great to give them that experience  I suppose that's the difference my kids are all grown up now ....good luck :thumbs:

If I'd spent last decade holidaying abroad I'd probably want British holidays aswell.  We've done the caravaning /Butlins etc and it's ok . But with young kids it's a stretch finding stuff to do in the rain . If it was me and Mrs we'd just crack on in rain if needs be but kids would get bored . 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bunnyblatter said:

Nice hol in the Maldives too

I keep getting hints about the Maldives,which resort?

Goal?Got a month in Thailand march/april flying,got to crack it,thats it for goals.

Cinnamon Don Vheli mate. Looks out of this world. 

My pal just done a month in Thailand. £15 a night for top hotels. Said he spent about £2k all in. He’s off again next year 

4 minutes ago, Bunnyblatter said:

Cinnamon Don Vheli mate. Looks out of this world. 

My pal just done a month in Thailand. £15 a night for top hotels. Said he spent about £2k all in. He’s off again next year 

That looks incredible mate,better not show my woman that,enjoy your trip,looks fantastic :yes:

cinnamon_dhonveli_maldives_over_water_suite_2.jpg

cinnamon-dhonveli-maldives.jpg

I think I’ll be taking a little telescopic rod and some spinners as you can walk round the island in no time lol. 

I try and keep it simple with the new year resolutions. I aim to save more than I did last year and spend more time at my place in Orkney.