Dog struggling to pee or poo any ideas?

Dogs always spot on with peeing and pooing but whenever I take him for a night on lamp or day time he can't do either for a few days. I took him to vet he gave me antibiotics but doesn't seem to have worked so wondering if anyone on here has got any ideas? Maybe had it with there dog?

Cheers 

I'd check for injuries or tender areas over back ans abdo if nothing then Fluids and a light meal few hours before work then more fluids. Then light meal and more fluids after work. If working for long period give fluids during work. Check colour of piss after working if red/brown consider rhabdo. Check for any tender areas after work and  really carefully 1st thing the next day., especially over kidneys and bladder plus lower back.

Ps if anything found go to vet for diagnosis, if still not peeing for long periods go to vet for ultrasound of bladder and kidneys.

Regards sandy.

Get him to a different vet and the outcome was that he had damaged muscles around that area and there was fluid getting into his kidneys, apparently it's something that happens to race horses that get used a lot so was advised by vet to lay him up for a couple weeks then ease him back into work. Thanks to everybody that commented 

• Like 1