Missed breeding opportunity there

£500 is a lot of cash for the latest fad dog but there’s a lot of skint folks out there,who are  only just getting by each week so can you really blame them  for trying to make a few extra pounds?,regards £15 for a dog!! My guess is you’re never reared a litter? I’ve reared 3 litters of pups,2 litters for me a pup,1 litter for 2 mates & she only had 2 pups at £90 each,stud fee was £60 plus heat lamp, fresh meat, KC reg,rearing good pups is not a cheap job.its a very generous thing to give some one a pup for free or £20 but you shouldn’t expect it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Str said:

£500 is a lot of cash for the latest fad dog but there’s a lot of skint folks out there,who are  only just getting by each week so can you really blame them  for trying to make a few extra pounds?,regards £15 for a dog!! My guess is you’re never reared a litter? I’ve reared 3 litters of pups,2 litters for me a pup,1 litter for 2 mates & she only had 2 pups at £90 each,stud fee was £60 plus heat lamp, fresh meat, KC reg,rearing good pups is not a cheap job.its a very generous thing to give some one a pup for free or £20 but you shouldn’t expect it.

ive reared a litter of ped dogs = bullmastiffs, this was in 80s , there was 10 pups all went for £ 250 quid  , was till fair price even back then, plus my male had won  at crufts , best male dog . wasn't really that bothered  about showing , but i knew i had great dog of that breed back then. i came out of the breed (ped dogs) because , the breed was having lots of health probs,  and i did think that if they out x to say ridgeback  it may of helped the bullmastiff breed  long term,  but the show people would have a Fit what  said and thought, plus they were getting  greedy  regards pups prices . so left the breed , back then and wanted a fit,strong, good temp dog, that could live a long healthy life, and you didnt or dont payed stupid /rip off prices for a dog , there all the same they all shit / piss  the same  , a dog a dog   ped or mongrel  , i still say £  120 -150   is more than enough for  lurcher  or any x breed .:yes:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gnipper said:

What happened to the other pup you gotwith Bryn? Did it turn out ok?

yeh it turned out great, he went  to lad for ferritin /moocing   i spoke  a year go  and he was doing good , had few birds in the daym and rabbits, both him and Bryn  are fit  10 year old dogs deff lol, but as ive said lot of times on here and moochers , i am not really keen on the herding type temps, they dont suit me,  i always found my bullxs  suited me better, but thats just me  .!!

• Like 1

I agree there’s no way I am condoning high prices for dogs but like wise folks expecting them for next to nothing are just as bad, in my book tight b*****ds are just as bad as greedy b*****ds.

7 minutes ago, bird said:

yeh it turned out great, he went  to lad for ferritin /moocing   i spoke  a year go  and he was doing good , had few birds in the daym and rabbits, both him and Bryn  are fit  10 year old dogs deff lol, but as ive said lot of times on here and moochers , i am not really keen on the herding type temps, they dont suit me,  i always found my bullxs  suited me better, but thats just me  .!!

Terrier bred definitely suit me better.

£500 for a cross bred dog is taking the piss,

max around £200 whether it's a ankle biter or a yard dog

but then some pure breeds are just a licence to print money there's 2 litters of dachshunds ? In this town ones £900 a pup others £1400? And i think it's not their first litters either.

2 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Terrier bred definitely suit me better.

yeh, i know what you mean  , any dog what ever the breed can be sensitive  etc, but i found  the combination  of putting a  running  dog to a breed that are very sensitive to begin with, and greyhound are similar , you end up with a over sensitive    dog  that will call the shots , and very easy to up set . feck me one day ferrting  with Bryn  he was fooking about, who i know class marking dog   , i only shouted at him to  come on  bit stern , that was it he stopped working , trigger was with me that and said  he dont take alot to up set him does it,! Buck just as bad  when not working,  same as Bryn, but Buck will give better show on quarry than ever what Bryn done. but not working he just as bad,