Crypto currencies

1 hour ago, riohog said:

my understanding of it , its highly dodgy , absolutly no guarantees whatsoever .if it sounds to good to be true it usually is. your better to invest in the yellow metal .at least you can see what you hqve , rather than just a bunch of computor generated figures ,held in files on a pc  that is subject to being hacked  , aparently it was kept very quiet but it was hacked a few weeks ago to the tune of 50 odd million  that was kept quiet  ,, leave well alone ""

The pound còin that has just been replaced had bèen sò counterfeit that it was reckoned that 1in3 were false. The nòte in your pocket is only a bit of paper. When Greece was in serious trouble they just printed billions of euros. Thàt money didnt really exist. If everyone went to the bank of England and wanted theìr pounds in gold they wouldn't have it. Look what happened when northern rock was in trouble. The bank of England just issued them with a load of money that didnt exist.

35 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

Yeah, definitely !

I'd look to invest in an adjustable peg portfolio, with a small  bust-out back up, or a straight compound choke price format, returning around 12%. This would, in effect, amount to a backstop purchase on a bid spread of downswing purchases.....................

Easy, really.

:shok:

Yeah.?.   a small  bust-out back up. That sounds like something a prepper would  have.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By the time you read about these great investments on a hunting forum......or any other random unrelated forum......you have probably missed the boat ?

Bitcoin theft Moscow style......  

There might be something in bitcoin actually,i fancied a flutter and bought .137'th of a coin this morning,watched it rise steadily,just cashed it in   

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Meece said:

The pound còin that has just been replaced had bèen sò counterfeit that it was reckoned that 1in3 were false. The nòte in your pocket is only a bit of paper. When Greece was in serious trouble they just printed billions of euros. Thàt money didnt really exist. If everyone went to the bank of England and wanted theìr pounds in gold they wouldn't have it. Look what happened when northern rock was in trouble. The bank of England just issued them with a load of money that didnt exist.

Yeah.?.   a small  bust-out back up. That sounds like something a prepper would  have.

Well said, for people who want to know the real value of theire hard earned cash ,well  theres none! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_money

• Like 1

There was a financial advisor on tv ,and he said if  you don't understand bit coin stay well away from it , its only worth what a new investors going to pay for it , and watch out for scammers its very easy to do . Them you cant get a trolley load of messages at asda or tesco and say how many bit coin is that  so what use are they ?

• Like 1

Most people consider David icke to be a complete nutter. But when you listen to him speak about money a lot of what he says makes complete sense about the control of money, the governments and the people who control our lives. The only thing is that if confidence failed society would very soon deteriorate Into a sort of warlord mad max situation. Even if you go back to the ten commandments the idea is to control the population and keèping us down here and them up there. Just like the royal family. Here is a link to the things that could be important. Don't forget your bug out bag.

https://www.activistpost.com/2016/03/these-7-things-are-better-than-paper-money-in-the-bank-when-the-economy-collapses.html

But herein lies theccrux of the issue. no money has any value. It is just a piece of paper. Like getting a toilet roll out and writing £xx on each sheet. Or the inter war German mark. A few years so we went on holiday to Turkey and we got 2.8 million Turkish lire to the pound.

• Like 1

Sorry but anyone believing he is son of god and shape shifting lizards live amongst is a f***ing nut case and nothing he says has any credibility! 

All these folk who go see him and buy his books conviently forget these claims. Also nutters imo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll stick to things I can actually hold. Gold, silver, and copper, for a start. I collect the coins too as you're playing two markets at that point. If you're worried about the collapse of the monetary system look at other currencies and play those markets accordingly.

As much as bitcoin is making I'm very sceptical of it.

4 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I still put money in a piggy bank every payday for my wee boy that's as far as I know about investing. This year though one of my goals is to save and buy  really good watch that can be kept and passed down the family.

If you have a few quid and want a nice watch, give your local cash converter a look you will be amazed what people will pawn and many of the shops don't seem to have much of a clue either, one of my mates has made  a few grand just buying watch,s in cashconverters then taking them to the jewellers about a mile away,  his best one cost about £400 and was sold an hour later for £2200 It's about knowing makes, models and brands 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Meece said:

We are in a fiat monetary system and not a gold backed monetary system which is why governments can just print more money whenever they like, but everytime more money is printed the existing  money gets a bit more devalued until we are left with hyper inflation and the money in your bank account is worth nothing, sadly as soon as you enter that system of money the only certainty is that it will collapse, we are fecked just no one has bothered telling us yet, gold and silver will outlast all else it always has 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, walshie said:

I'd be concerned about trying to get my money back out. Why would anyone want to buy it for hundreds of times more than you paid for it? 

I cashed out recently with no hassle, made a very handsome profit too.

1 hour ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Bitcoin  is alot of shite. Pyramid scheme. The real money is in buying shares in the Bitcoin company that's what's probably rise in 1400%. The Bitcoin itself is only worth what some other mug you sign up is willing to pay for it.

There is no "Bitcoin company" to buy shares in, it's a decentralised cryptocurrency not a publicly trading company.

• Like 3