Crypto currencies

Whole lotta "coins" I know sfa about, and the blockchain technology behind some or all of them I know less about.

Is anyone here knowledgeable on these digital currencies, do more than buy and hodl (not much better than buying a lotto ticket ie gambling as far as I can make out).

Just looking to start a conversation on is there a few fiat quid to be made on them? 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By the time you read about these great investments on a hunting forum......or any other random unrelated forum......you have probably missed the boat ?

Bitcoin theft Moscow style......  

There might be something in bitcoin actually,i fancied a flutter and bought .137'th of a coin this morning,watched it rise steadily,just cashed it in   

Posted Images

I also know sfa about this. I did have a bit of a read up about it and a lot of it names logical sense.  From what I  understood the currency sort of floats and there can only be so much in circulation.  The currency doesn't belong to any country so it isnt tied up with any central bank or government. It is sort of like the money note in your pocket which is just a piece of paper upon which is a promise to pay in gold I  think.  I think that its a bit like online banking. There are an amount of places that accept bitcoin. I haven't got a clue how it works in regard to change. If you read this it gives a bit more insight of what it is all about. I can't make up my mind as to good or bad. No doubt the ordinary Joe in the street will get shafted Along  the way much as it always is. P.s. what is a fiat quid? Some sort of rusty Italian bank note?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/5069370/bitcoin-price-usd-gbp-latest-news-cryptocurrency-january-1/

Edited by Meece

Yeah its a gamble, but at one point around tge end of November (before it reached its all time high!) Bitcoin was 1800% up in 12 months.. yes their is the right amount of 0's. Today its at  +1047 % for the last 12 months.

Edited by Waz

The security aspect and the idea of being able to store wealth outside of the fractional reserve banking system, out of reach from the grasping hands of government, are great. However, I would be concerned about being able to buy goods or services with or cash out bitcoin > £sterling.

my understanding of it , its highly dodgy , absolutly no guarantees whatsoever .if it sounds to good to be true it usually is. your better to invest in the yellow metal .at least you can see what you hqve , rather than just a bunch of computor generated figures ,held in files on a pc  that is subject to being hacked  , aparently it was kept very quiet but it was hacked a few weeks ago to the tune of 50 odd million  that was kept quiet  ,, leave well alone ""

I would be wary of putting money into one of there ponzy scheme things , I have yet to read about anyone who invested a grand & got double back in there current account over night , if it was that easy we would all be doing it 

Yeah, definitely !

I'd look to invest in an adjustable peg portfolio, with a small  bust-out back up, or a straight compound choke price format, returning around 12%. This would, in effect, amount to a backstop purchase on a bid spread of downswing purchases.....................

Easy, really.

:shok:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have zero understanding or interest in it, but have a few friends that dabble and seem to enjoy themselves, but from my very limited understanding its much like the old pyramid scam were everyone pays in and the first few make a killing but as soon as someone drops out the lot collapses, if you don't have money to loose stick with gold ,silver or premium bonds, as you can always get your money back and they will always make you money 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

Yeah, definitely !

I'd look to invest in an adjustable peg portfolio, with a small  bust-out back up, or a straight compound choke price format, returning around 12%. This would, in effect, amount to a backstop purchase on a bid spread of downswing purchases.....................

Easy, really.

:shok:

Yeah, what he said..

• Like 1

I read an article a year or so ago,some London cabbie who invested a hundred quid in bitcoin when it first came out,his coin is now worth £4,500,000.............so why was he still driving a cab?Chinese have huge banks of computers set up mining these coins,its complex,complicated,and way over my head so I will stick with cash :thumbs: I know how much I have in my pocket,i know where it is,and its tangible,after all crypto means secret and hidden :yes:

Bitcoin has spawned loads of crypto currencies,theres even potcoin and cannabiscoin with incredible rises onscreen but if something seems too good to be true it invariably is,the bubble if it exists cant sustain rises like that,cash is king at least for the short term :thumbs: just try paying for your weekly shopping by pulling up your bitcoin wallet on your smartphone :laugh:

• Like 1