Wee tribute to the old boy

Nice JR you got there John just what I would like if the wife would let me have another. Try and get a pup from him mate or you will  regret it.  I've had them to a ripe old age of 19 of course not working for the last years, but surprising how long they can go on if looked after. Atb.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cheers fella he’s starting to slow down now An getting crabby afterwards . He’s one off the cleverest wee dogs I’ve had an can adjust easily to wotever I choose my outing to be . Had a day las year he was flushing a wood out a few roe  came out . Never seen him then came round the edge on a fox was away a further 20 mins a thought he must be at ground walked the edge off the wood An found him chasing a hare back thru he’s been a pleasure not great at anything but adaptable to everything 

• Like 1

That reminds me so much of a JR I had called Snowy (picture of him jumping sideways through a gate in the snow in "show us you white dogs"). He was a great all rounder, best sort I recon. Atb.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

Why not look into taking straws off him John .If the the technology was about 20 years ago im certain i would of had same from two dogs i had about then .Cracking looker that dog mate and sounds like a decent worker .Just to add ,we all strive to put our best over the best available but if a gene is worth preserving ,second rate stock from good breeding can and will produce the goods with correct nururing. All the best and hope theres a good few seasons left in him .

• Like 3
On 1/5/2018 at 22:13, jcb said:

Out of curiosity,what kinda money is it to take straws from a animal 

It must be cheap. There's two lads in Westmeath who must be doing it as they've sold pups who's fathers were dead 4 years before the pups were born and these 2 lads are not known for spending money.

• Like 1
On 1/5/2018 at 22:13, jcb said:

Out of curiosity,what kinda money is it to take straws from a animal 

250euro first to draw straws that will tell u how many services u will get from the sample, 25euro to keep it yr to yr, and 350euro when the bitch is ready to stand.trade genitetics in tipp, got it done 2yr ago with a dog that has now since passed.

Edited by stonewall
  • Like 2