Wee tribute to the old boy

5 hours ago, johnrussell84 said:

This is Zak he’s 8 now and been a great old utility dog for me. From digging flushing ferreting ratting. He’s excelled over the years working banks and woods flushing to the lurcher and brung on a few young dogs in the process . He’s found me more earths than I can remember just dropping on local ground while flushing. I know folk say dangerous game to play but has payed off for me I don’t have big dangerous earths more rabbity setts. He’s had 3 or 4 big bums in thick cover lol and dug him to a fiery vixen Tuesday and a brute off a dog Charlie yesterday. Will miss this old fella for sure when his times up

F348B9A8-E1C9-447F-BA24-D8A60DF117C8.jpeg

07D1BCD2-5569-4053-AEC9-310EB94FA257.jpeg

FB4E4A55-9A0F-4334-AD16-F2557ECDC707.jpeg

Hi,lovely dog,,I have worked Russells for the past  15 years,,here's my old girl she's 13 now and still going strong, had other dogs in between but nothing that would match her working ability.I have only just joined the site.it's a very interesting site.

IMG-20171101-WA0041.jpg

• Like 5
3 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Least your get a pup out of him ?

Yeh would like a nice tidy russell for him. But the little busher she’s a nice wee thing easy going good nose speaks well on chase. Something he doesn’t do am sure they be grand 

• Like 1

be a shame if he dont cover a decent bitch . must be someone looking for a small compact working stud dog. dogs like him are like hens teeth these days. he cant be much more than 12 inch tts. i wish i could get my little russells back from the 80s.