Colin Didriksen

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There seems to be an obsession with slagging off plummer. The man is dead and gone leave him be. His son is still about and reads this tripe....do either of them deserve it really. Ernest hemmingway w

I've met and been out with  a few different lads that contribute to various books and magazines regarding dog work.Some of them a very well known for their writing and pretty much all of them bend the

That's the thing Stiffmeister, if you were just guessing or falsely quoting the man you could be completely wrong but he was the one himself who showed himself to be a massive hypocrite . I start

Posted Images

:hmm: Well, I have never heard anyone say such a thing .so why would you mention it...?

Perhaps you listen to silly rumors,..this is always a foolish and frequently dangerous, mode of behavior...:yes:

Do not quote me when making such claims.:censored:

• Like 4

Lol, 

Sorry if you took that as an accusation that you have said such things.... But it has been said on this very site. Like I say for some....who have no actual proof of the things they say it has become an obsession......

JMHO but you have to say it as you've seen it and not start rumours etc.

BUT, Plummer wrote an article in an Irish Fieldsports Magazine about the type of people who keep black working terriers and for example he wrote in the article that the owners of such terriers are on the same I.Q. as Chimpanzees. That's one example of the abuse he dished out to those who kept a terrier type he helped glorify. He made a nice penny writing about those he despised, the hunting man.

Also, Plummer wasn't only ridiculed after his death but several good down to earth working dogmen told him in life what they thought of him.

If he was starting his writing career now he'd be a non contender.

• Like 3

Whos slagging him i think we are having a debate and if we buy the books and read them surely we are able to debate about the contents and the authors ?.

i think i know what your on about and that guys no longer on the site and the only post that mentioned  peado was yours 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, neil cooney said:

JMHO but you have to say it as you've seen it and not start rumours etc.

BUT, Plummer wrote an article in an Irish Fieldsports Magazine about the type of people who keep black working terriers and for example he wrote in the article that the owners of such terriers are on the same I.Q. as Chimpanzees. That's one example of the abuse he dished out to those who kept a terrier type he helped glorify. He made a nice penny writing about those he despised, the hunting man.

Also, Plummer wasn't only ridiculed after his death but several good down to earth working dogmen told him in life what they thought of him.

If he was starting his writing career now he'd be a non contender.

Well said Neil ! 

To those lads with black dogs and a bull cross, he was no friend 

was also a constant critic of those lads who ran the fens with Saluki hybrids 

if you weren’t an aficionado of artisan hunting, you were nothing to him! 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Well said Neil ! 

To those lads with black dogs and a bull cross, he was no friend 

was also a constant critic of those lads who ran the fens with Saluki hybrids 

if you weren’t an aficionado of artisan hunting, you were nothing to him! 

Have you been boring people like this all over Christmas without me to reign you in? 

9 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Yep 

and caanan sank without a trace 

“to breed a superlative hare dog is relatively simple” I believe is a direct quote 

You must have really studied his articles to remember what he wrote word for word like that.

26 minutes ago, mackem said:

That was the one caanan,couldnt remember the name,anyone know what happened to the dog/project?

Was a jacker and ended up in the bin ....not totally sure but think jb of east anglia has something to do with it ....

hes fond of saying all this open challenge stuff, and how his dogs were considered to be the best scene. 

I know for a fact a certain northern “lurcher afficianado “ wrote to him or received a letter from him expressing a challenge

he never got a reply??!!!

17 minutes ago, downsouth said:

You must have really studied his articles to remember what he wrote word for word like that.

Sometimes phraseology just stays with you don’t it? 

• Like 2

don't remember the 3/3 thing but mind a pic of Cannaan in a book with something like "a top winning courser" then he writes she's only caught rabbits as there's no hares at Caithness and he's sending her to a friend at Norfolk?

mind he was going to breed a top coursing greyhound that worked as a lurcher as well, Emerald Joe green possibly? Had a load helping him but was quickly forgotten about.

seemed to go out of his way to slag salukis, but even as a kid it was obvious he had little if any experience of them, years later when he went out with a proper saluki man and his young bitch he was impressed and wrote a article praising them?

could go on about other stuff but can't be bothered

• Like 1