Colin Didriksen

No one is obsessed mate , but if your going to give evidence against working dog men in court and hold yourself in a higher regard than the average working dog owner be prepared for incoming 

Salukis are imbeciles ,

pigs can be trained easier ,

a pair of German Shepard’s can be used as fox dogs ,

a half cross collie dogs jaw to jaw encounters with old red made up to sell his mates business

a dog that jacked on foxes “I didn’t use her for digging, it would be like using a rapier to cut firewood “ but became the cornerstone of the Plummer line! 

Just cause someone is dead , doesn’t mean you can’t discuss their faults as a person or their legacy. The books remain and can be interpreted how anyone sees fit in my eyes 

• Like 5

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There seems to be an obsession with slagging off plummer. The man is dead and gone leave him be. His son is still about and reads this tripe....do either of them deserve it really. Ernest hemmingway w

I've met and been out with  a few different lads that contribute to various books and magazines regarding dog work.Some of them a very well known for their writing and pretty much all of them bend the

That's the thing Stiffmeister, if you were just guessing or falsely quoting the man you could be completely wrong but he was the one himself who showed himself to be a massive hypocrite . I start

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Waz said:

I didnt. It mainly had one terrierman in, I didnt finish the book (didnt get on with it) so maybe more, he had good dogs in real life, but he's not around any more, meant to be a lively fella - didnt make old bones in real life.

From memory he mightve had dogs from Frank Stacey. Names come to P.B.

Yeah thats it. Another lad was in it that was local to me, so im told. Ill have to read it.

I've met and been out with  a few different lads that contribute to various books and magazines regarding dog work.Some of them a very well known for their writing and pretty much all of them bend the truth or just plain bullshit to make their little stories a bit more interesting.Thats why I havnt bothered buying a terrier or lurcher book in over 10yrs and sold or gave away pretty much all of my extensive collection that I'd mounted up since I was a kid as I'd worked out over the years that most of it was pretty much fiction or twisted and exaggerated versions of the truth.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
59 minutes ago, rob284 said:

Yeah thats it. Another lad was in it that was local to me, so im told. Ill have to read it.

Just google the name and the books name and I'm sure it'll show you the section he's mentioned in ?

1 hour ago, downsouth said:

I've met and been out with  a few different lads that contribute to various books and magazines regarding dog work.Some of them a very well known for their writing and pretty much all of them bend the truth or just plain bullshit to make their little stories a bit more interesting.Thats why I havnt bothered buying a terrier or lurcher book in over 10yrs and sold or gave away pretty much all of my extensive collection that I'd mounted up since I was a kid as I'd worked out over the years that most of it was pretty much fiction or twisted and exaggerated versions of the truth.

Yep, a few of the writers in EDRD pontificating, pretty much same as they did on here, met some of them (say no more), i stopped looking forward to it, stopped reading it, stopped subscribing. Have every 1 up till that point.

Paper never refuses ink.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Personally,... I enjoyed reading the books, I perused several in their original, rough manuscript layout,..oh yes, those were exciting times...:yes:

And there is no denying the fact, that certain books penned back in the day, enthralled and excited many, many pubescent hunting men.

:hmm: However,...times have changed, life has moved on, and nowadays an enquiring mind is able to receive answers to questions that in earlier times would have been impossible to ask...The truth is, for many years, it was not possible to offer any critique or politely debate a questionable claim,..it just wasn't on...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, gnipper said:

Just google the name and the books name and I'm sure it'll show you the section he's mentioned in ?

Im on about a lad who dug with him whos suppose to be in the book too. Ill give it a read.

I think Didriksen's writing style isn't too bad, however I think there's a few untruthful tales in his first book. Also, sure I read on here a few years back the he had someone over with dogs or something a few years back.( F Stacey I think it was)

Edited by Rabbit Hunter
4 hours ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Personally,... I enjoyed reading the books, I perused several in their original, rough manuscript layout,..oh yes, those were exciting times...:yes:

And there is no denying the fact, that certain books penned back in the day, enthralled and excited many, many pubescent hunting men.

:hmm: However,...times have changed, life has moved on, and nowadays an enquiring mind is able to receive answers to questions that in earlier times would have been impossible to ask...The truth is, for many years, it was not possible to offer any critique or politely debate a questionable claim,..it just wasn't on...

Repeating rumours or stories about a dead man......including rumours of being a peado is never on