Kings of Dorking

Visited Colin's place in Dorking 30 years ago, he gave me several wax proof coats to Field Test,..and hopefully, speak well of..:yes:

My wife still has one and wears it when out on the shoot...

I was amazed to see his workforce of Indian ladies, all sewing away in a big old shed...

Halcyon Days, dear reader... Halcyon Days.:laugh:

• Like 2

What year would that catalogue be from fellas...?

I remember many years when I was just a cub sending away a stamped addressed envelope for a similar looking catalogue from an advert in the back of the shooting times I think. 

The catalogue is long gone and it was so many years ago i wouldn't remember the name but that one looks suspiciously like it. 

15 minutes ago, Fat-Ferret said:

I remember many years when I was just a cub sending away a stamped addressed envelope for a similar looking catalogue from an advert in the back of the shooting times I think. 

The catalogue is long gone and it was so many years ago i wouldn't remember the name but that one looks suspiciously like it. 

Might have been the same one,i remember sending off SAE's for catalogues filled with all sorts of unaffordable (for a kid) goodies,just to turn the pages and look and read was magical back then :icon_redface:

• Like 4
57 minutes ago, mackem said:

Might have been the same one,i remember sending off SAE's for catalogues filled with all sorts of unaffordable (for a kid) goodies,just to turn the pages and look and read was magical back then :icon_redface:

Yeah, I could never buy anything out of them either! I struggled on with 6 crappy purse nets with giant white pegs made from old skirting board, if only things were that simple now! 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Fat-Ferret said:

Wasn't there a Youngs catalogue too?

1 minute ago, tatsblisters said:

I remember the youngs catalogue think it was the only place you could buy a dragnet I wonder if they got any greif over that from the shooting fraternity.

I actually bought mist-nets as a kid,from youngs of misterton or dorking nets,cant remember which,my ferret kits were the fattest in the village,the sparrow population declined in the neighbourhood.

Just now, mackem said:

I actually bought mist-nets as a kid,from youngs of misterton or dorking nets,cant remember which,my ferret kits were the fattest in the village,the sparrow population declined in the neighbourhood.

Not sure wether you need some sort of license to buy one of them these days or it might be to use one.

• Like 1

No licence needed to buy one mate,click on e-bay,i know a guy who bought one for ringnecked parakeets not far from me,however if your going the legal route then yes I think you need a licence to use one,they are actually very effective.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, micky said:

Must be a cracking Woman!  30 years on and still gets in it:thumbs:

:yes:Yes, she has been a really good pal to me, Micky...supported me 100%,..in all my trials and tribulations...

Married 43 years now, ... never regretted a single moment...:victory:

5a4cca9e50347_PI72EE1.thumb.JPG.3a513051b87bc7a65bf9134a01be6a9f.JPG

• Like 6