reedy beds up near alston

just got back in house after a enjoyable day walking the reedy beds with lurchers great sport ,rabbits dont half sit tight , its a hilly spot so dogs get a testing, any rabbits put to ground were ferreted.weather held off as well , wish i could get more days like that , all the best for the new year ,

• Like 4

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just got back in house after a enjoyable day walking the reedy beds with lurchers great sport ,rabbits dont half sit tight , its a hilly spot so dogs get a testing, any rabbits put to ground were ferr

in my view its got to be one of the best things with the lurchers you can do , in one spot there was 8 rabbits sitting under the reeds wasnt that big either ,dogs are recovering today though , 

Brilliant way to work mine flushed one out of reeds the other day. Rarity around here though    

Posted Images

One of my favorite ways to spend a day.

My 2 dogs are a joy to behold working the sedge whilst I sit on the ferret box and watch from high above on the hill.These are the rare moments that make it all seem worthwhile.

36 minutes ago, vin said:

One of my favorite ways to spend a day.

My 2 dogs are a joy to behold working the sedge whilst I sit on the ferret box and watch from high above on the hill.These are the rare moments that make it all seem worthwhile.

Have you and Tomo not been getting out much? I’ve not seen as many posts from you as in previous seasons

7 hours ago, neil b said:

Have you and Tomo not been getting out much? I’ve not seen as many posts from you as in previous seasons

I have been none stop all season matey. 

Tomo has been not managed to get out much so far this season, Due to some seriously bad luck with transport to the point of comedy almost.

I've had a great season so far and its getting better for the rest of the season now the shoots are winding down on a few spots.

Had some young hobs gifted back from last years breeding with my favorite hob and my mates best Jill. I've spent a few weeks getting them settled into the team and working hard.I'm very happy with the results so far. 

I've not done any posts for a long time because I hate to think someone else might be reading it from afar and get the impression I'm bragging or showing off because I've been out and caught a load of bunnies. Pictures of piles of rabbits at the end of the day are boring for other people to see. What I do isn't rocket science and my dogs are worthless pot lickers of very average standards to a lot of people. . . . And, to be honest, I'm certain there's many a lad/lass with a dog or 2 that would make my dogs look stupid at their own game out there walking the land with dogs fit to bursting, But with very little or no game/permission to run on etc.  So I and my little lot are just a few of the lucky ones really. 

I have a few planned visits from the mates over the next couple of months so I'm sure we will get a few new posts. I have a score to beat and Tomo has a new phone !  you never know he might start posting a few pics if its one of them there smartphone thingys  ( his description )

Here is a pic of the Moxy Hob.. He gets better every year. 

5a4aa7f1c7550_Moxyatwork.-Copy.thumb.JPG.19275b4e907e5b50220b024e4ceb3f1f.JPG

23 minutes ago, vin said:

Tomo has been not managed to get out much so far this season, Due to some seriously bad luck with transport to the point of comedy almost.

After seeing the posts from both of you over the years i presumed you lived local to each other and traveled on your exploits together.

SINDASOX

26 minutes ago, SINDASOX said:

After seeing the posts from both of you over the years i presumed you lived local to each other and traveled on your exploits together.

SINDASOX

we go North on most of our journeys but Tomo lives about 50 miles south of me..So we usually meet up on the Motorway etc. . . I've been a right Billy no mates for most of my trips out this season so far. It gets boring on yer own all the time.