Out Lamping last night and all was going well, then she coursed a rabbit ran through a hedge then disappeared! Now this dog was very loyal and incredibly smart!! So me and my 6 year old nephew went in search of her , no sign... about 5 fields away was a road anyway we made our way checking if she’s gone up that way when we heard the almighty thud! I tried to be calm for my nephews sake but we ran toward the road and I crawled under a hedge to see my girl lying dead at the side of the road! Driver didn’t even stop... both me and my nephew are gutted! She was just as much a family pet as a worker, she was meant to be in the kennel as a pup but found her way in the house! This dog had such great potential and at 3yrs old didn’t deserve this! I had just got my nephew in to it!! She will be sadly missed as she was my only lurcher!  

I can only assume she got on to something else and chased it up there as we were no where near the roads 

Im truly gutted and will miss her! I would like to get another in the future but probably just get a little rabbiter for my nephew!  

RIP Fern

3536799A-D96B-4E29-8BB0-9E1D477A7987.jpeg