Mako for dinner

6 hours ago, Sirblessed said:

I hear ya 

Image may contain: ocean, water, outdoor and natureImage may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing and outdoor

I presume Marlin tastes similar to Swordfish ?

My sister lives in Mauritius and came home for Christmas and brought some smoked Marlin with her. Have to say it was so light and delicate it was one of the tastiest fish I've ever eaten.

1 hour ago, neil cooney said:

I presume Marlin tastes similar to Swordfish ?

My sister lives in Mauritius and came home for Christmas and brought some smoked Marlin with her. Have to say it was so light and delicate it was one of the tastiest fish I've ever eaten.

swordfish is very meaty fish  bit like pork  joined a ship there once in mauritius  in port louis   ,nice island went to vaqua and rosehill  and ovcourse a big brothel  called the golden moon     happy days:laugh:

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, riohog said:

swordfish is very meaty fish  bit like pork  joined a ship there once in mauritius  in port louis   ,nice island went to vaqua and rosehill  and ovcourse a big brothel  called the golden moon     happy days:laugh:

Just in case I ever visit Mauritius have you spelt  that correctly...........Golden Moon........is that right ?????????? LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, neil cooney said:

Just in case I ever visit Mauritius have you spelt  that correctly...........Golden Moon........is that right ?????????? LOL.

lol well thats what it was called when i was there but it was 40 odd years ago  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

I only ever eat their fins, just cut em off and release the live shark.....they then just live by drifting on the sea currents. 

??

I ate shark fin soup in a Chinese in Spain years ago and it was horrible ,so I'd imagine the flesh tastes even worse if they are willing to throw that amount of food overboard.

• Like 2