Searching for new places

On 31/12/2017 at 18:16, maxi1234 said:

That was a long time ago francie, glad them days are over, but good crack at the time? 

Work, family and hunting now, when I get a chance to get out that is with working away these last 2 seasons and having a new kid. It’s killing me working away from home and not getting much digging time in, but I’ll be finished up with working away soon enough and then it’s back to the dogs. Might of missed a season but I’ll soon make up for it next year, you no me haha. Plenty of new ground to search and hopefully afew new hopefuls as-well. Happy hunting?

Haha was good craic maxi.

Id say its killing you lad, you were flatout before working away, an the wee baby, but as you say you make up for it lad.

Happy new year to you an your wee family, atb 

Ps, is big ben still alive, throw a pic up of him if ye get a chance lad?

• Like 1

On 30/12/2017 at 20:28, maxi1234 said:

There’s nothing I enjoy more than searching for new earths, and digging them. Nearly every time I go digging, when I’ve already had a dig that morning, I’ll go exploring and I’ll find new ones, 9 times outta 10 you’ll dig in them because there always that far of the beaten track boys never bother going looking for them. I’ve dug with a few terrier men and around our way everyone seem to be doing the same earths, ground or permission to eachother. It pays to get out and search to give the earths a chance and the quarry also. Ideally I’d like to only do the same earths once in a season but it doesn’t always happen like that. That’s why I’m always searching....

Each to there own and that’s only my opinion. Happy hunting lads and enjoy ??

Bang on maxi? There's run of the mill places everyone knows in areas. I don't know where you're from yet there's lots of lads hunt in my area. Very few terrier men, but they try there best and think they are the best. That's the problem.. They run the places they've been shown by others that suits them. They even run the places off the beaten track that are, off that track, been found that where virgin and you'd got a first dig too and thought it was all sacred! Then you go back 8/10 wks later and it's been dug and the other spot maybe 5mile away the same!  You smell a rat straight away, but you don't want to catch that rat then, you just want to go for a hunt with your dogs. That's when you're glad you never shown your whole hand. like a game of poker. Shouldn't be like that at all though!  I've met some decent men threw the years I could count in one hand and I would never even contimplate heading back to where they brought me on there permission even though it would be very easy going back too and knock that farmers door and be welcomed. Too me that is a total disrespect. Some people are easy manipulated to show others spots on a day out with other people,  that they know they're welcome but it's not there place. Let them work away, they've shown there cards. If that's the case. We ran a few and  just had a 13ft out that only one dog has been taken out before, even one off mine didn't get a result in the same place few years back. At least you know what your dealing with. There's sound lads out there I know who they are just need to watch the sneaks and the sneaks are usually the ones that think they are something but the get others to do there dirty work and show them places usually young lads. I don't mind I happy and have more than enough ground, they can take it. I won't never go them places again, no point. The clock still ticks it's a new year and I wish them the best of luck because they'll need it. Always looking someone to bring them for a hunt so they can back track. Sorry, that's right, the lads I'm talking about hunt all year round don't yous ? Leave handy holes like Swiss cheese, best terriers about. ?

Atb.

Edited by THE GENERAL
  • Like 7