Searching for new places

There’s nothing I enjoy more than searching for new earths, and digging them. Nearly every time I go digging, when I’ve already had a dig that morning, I’ll go exploring and I’ll find new ones, 9 times outta 10 you’ll dig in them because there always that far of the beaten track boys never bother going looking for them. I’ve dug with a few terrier men and around our way everyone seem to be doing the same earths, ground or permission to eachother. It pays to get out and search to give the earths a chance and the quarry also. Ideally I’d like to only do the same earths once in a season but it doesn’t always happen like that. That’s why I’m always searching....

Each to there own and that’s only my opinion. Happy hunting lads and enjoy ??

• Like 8

He who dares.. i dont have terriers but i think this applies to ferreters also, of which i am. My mid week dog walk is on a golf course, yesterday i found a warren i hadnt spotted before as i was walking in the stream in my wellies, you wouldnt see it otherwise. The course has got a good few warrens on and im confident im the only person anywhere near here thats has ferrets. Its a shame i have to operate covertly on this one...:whistling:

• Like 1
6 hours ago, pjmc said:

A little foot work deffenetly does no harm but if your on the same country for years even with hounds thers no more suprises u have them all in the memo up top.

Until a rabbit place gets drawn out proper.We are going to try two new single holers today .Been deep in a reed bed unnoticed until the farmer got a little overzealous with the hedge cutter and reclaimed a corner of a field by a pond .Two corkers well run and just right for the two youngsters we have on ..

• Like 2
13 hours ago, maxi1234 said:

There’s nothing I enjoy more than searching for new earths, and digging them. Nearly every time I go digging, when I’ve already had a dig that morning, I’ll go exploring and I’ll find new ones, 9 times outta 10 you’ll dig in them because there always that far of the beaten track boys never bother going looking for them. I’ve dug with a few terrier men and around our way everyone seem to be doing the same earths, ground or permission to eachother. It pays to get out and search to give the earths a chance and the quarry also. Ideally I’d like to only do the same earths once in a season but it doesn’t always happen like that. That’s why I’m always searching....

Thats something i enjoy just as much as the actual digging, exploring new places. Its a buzz finding a gem of a spot that nobody has dug before. ?

• Like 2
15 hours ago, maxi1234 said:

We would need to put 1 of them tracker collars on you at times! The wanderer. ?But your right it's great when you happen to come across a new place which hasn't been dug before especially around here when loads of teams of men all checked the same holes regularly. ?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Liamboy said:

We would need to put 1 of them tracker collars on you at times! The wanderer. ?But your right it's great when you happen to come across a new place which hasn't been dug before especially around here when loads of teams of men all checked the same holes regularly. ?

Yes liam hes needs a tracker lol i mind one morning he was crawling through bushes, mind you we werent hunting, he thought he was a springer haha

• Haha 1

Tried a few handy earths before hunting and the bitch swam a river, went to ground under an Ash tree resulting in collar failing and a 5 hour hard dig. Missed the meet and crippled with my back to day. Getting old, LOL. Always nice to find new earths but there's a time and a place.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Francie said:

Yes liam hes needs a tracker lol i mind one morning he was crawling through bushes, mind you we werent hunting, he thought he was a springer haha

That was a long time ago francie, glad them days are over, but good crack at the time? 

Work, family and hunting now, when I get a chance to get out that is with working away these last 2 seasons and having a new kid. It’s killing me working away from home and not getting much digging time in, but I’ll be finished up with working away soon enough and then it’s back to the dogs. Might of missed a season but I’ll soon make up for it next year, you no me haha. Plenty of new ground to search and hopefully afew new hopefuls as-well. Happy hunting?

• Like 1