Ticks advice please!

Hi all! I've owned 3 pet ferrets for 8 years, they're house ferrets and regularly treated for fleas and parasites but ticks are a new one for me. I'm currently ferret sitting two little ladies, who are kept outdoors, and they have come to us with a hutch (not their usual hutch) which is normally just sitting out. Tonight, i noticed a tick on one of my ferrets' head, and upon checking the others, found they each had a tick (one of our guest ferrets had 3). We removed them with a tick tool, gutted the hutch and cleaned the wounds. However, as this is new to me, apart from daily checks and removal, are there any treatments i can use in case I've missed any? All of the ticks were around the head/neck area and i couldn't find any on the rest of their bodies, but i want to make sure. 

Double check on the label but using a product like indorex (spelling may be wrong) should kill them off in the house / hutch. 

Also, have a look for some products for chicken coops that treat for things like red mite as they could also do ticks. 

Once the housing is sorted get a bottle of Frontline spray and treat your ferrets (make sure to cover their eyes and nose when spraying it) and that should keep them flea, tick and lice free. 

Think it could be hay , straw as there hollow stemmed and they can hide in there unless its treated , but a passing cat , hedgehog could carry them i like to blast all cracks and crevices of the hutches on a hot summers day with the power washer and let the heat dry it out , but at this time of year its no going to dry so  if your worried spray the hutch with a aerosol can  for flies etc and treat them with frontline 

Ivermectin Spot on for poultry or pigeons... cheap as chips on fleabay.

I do pest control on a deer park a few times a year and the ferrets sometimes come out of warrens minging with the horrible little fekkers.

They soon drop off when the Ivermectin kicks in. 

Frontline plus for cats and ferrets. You can buy it from pet’s at home. It’s a little expensive but after wasting a lot of money on cheaper products I may as well just bought the frontline to start with. I was having a lot of tick problems, I put this stuff on my ferret and within 24 hours he was completely tick free! It’s brilliant stuff. Think there’s enough in there for 3 treatments. 

Edited by jimbo201289