how many are going to partys this new year

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just another excuse for a piss up! I'll get together with family and a few friends and have a couple of shandies to bring in the new year. Some on here want to f***ing live a little..., maybe make a r

Civilised dinner, im making venison stew, will be some good wines drunk but not appreciated by me & maybe a bit of a song. Whether your in or out have a good one and I wish you & your families

I wouldn't fancy knocking on a door round here late at night with a black face you would get hammered ?     

Posted Images

10 hours ago, bird said:

what your job ?  

I deal with incidents on the Railway Bird you have probably seen those railway documentaries where a first response is dispatched to the site of an incident that's me lol.

This time of year the Railways are like a magnet for the piss heads we had a bloke the other day woke up on an embankment didn't know where he was must have been freezing.

I love doing the job so it's no big deal working. 

When i was a kid i loved New Year. Where i lived everyone had their doors open and you could drop in to houses for a drink and stay all night. Or a party, there was loads going on. Then, around 11.45 everyone would leave and make their way out on the junction between two main roads (Priory and Breck), to celebrate and all would be hugs, kisses and wishes, something that had gone on for 100+ years. Then all back to party all night, the invites were none stop.

I didn't get it back then, just thought it was loads of fun (as well as having my first propper snog!) and would be there forever BUT it brought the neighbourhood together, propper old school community stuff. Differences put aside and all hoping this NY is better than the last...

As i got older i stopped going and went into town, like many in their late teens and twenties. And when i realised what a croc of shite that was, it was too late, the local celebration for New Year had fizzled out and died... Funny but the community spirit sort of died with it too...

These days, with a little un, we stay put and usually watch a bit of Jools with a drink. I'd go lamping for an hour or so but fireworks feck that right up. It's worse than Nov 5th..!

So it'll be just a drink or two in, that'll suit me just fine and if anyone drops by, theres more than enough to go round. Thats the one thing left from my youth... :thumbs:

3 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

I deal with incidents on the Railway Bird you have probably seen those railway documentaries where a first response is dispatched to the site of an incident that's me lol.

This time of year the Railways are like a magnet for the piss heads we had a bloke the other day woke up on an embankment didn't know where he was must have been freezing.

I love doing the job so it's no big deal working. 

i tell you what  mate, it must be  really great doing a job, that you really enjoy, i dont mean something to just pay the bills end of the month, i did jobs that fooked my lower back up  ive mentioned  in the sciatica  post . i know that you prob seen some terrible  sights. My son mate  mother, threw her self in front of a train, and it be prob you blokes who prob who have to get there 1st, and  clear any mess up left  , ok this is prob the worst you see in your job,  but must be lots of better things  in it though,