On 28/12/2017 at 08:55, gnipper said:

Some nice birds there mate,  I'm having another bash with the little birds this season  just need a couple more canary hens and I'm all set. I'm only doing mules and hybrids this time.

I've been gifted a few hens today by an absolute gentleman who I hadn't met before so I'm all set for this year now.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28 December 2017 at 08:55, gnipper said:

Some nice birds there mate,  I'm having another bash with the little birds this season  just need a couple more canary hens and I'm all set. I'm only doing mules and hybrids this time.

All the best with your season mate hope you breed plenty

On 4 February 2018 at 08:48, fireman said:

Cracking to see you up and at them mate,well done and keep up the good work your doing grand...

Cheers mate they've got a hold of me now just like the dogs wouldn't be without them. It's handy when the seasons finished with the dogs I used to be sick as a chip but now I look forward to spring to try and breed a few birds bit of fishing aswell and the summer flys in. I've only got sibo bullies this year a few pairs there my favourites but if I breed a few your more than welcome to a pair, I appreciate you giving me the greenies cracking birds and I bred a few from them first British I'd bred was over the moon.so if you'd like some bullies and I can repay the favour I'd  like to mate

• Like 1

Nice one and job done with me helping a little bit getting you going as such and cracking to hear mate,i might just take you up on the offer the end of summer as iv'e had a mare with a rat attack on my aviary and i lost a pair of chaffies,goldies all my mules and all the 7 coloured redpolls i bred last year:cray:.I just have 1 cinny cock redpoll and 2 isobel redpoll hens so i should get something out of them this year but a total rebuild is happening and it's a bit of a start from scratch again this year.But such is life with livestock it's good when it's good but it only takes a bad moment to put you back eh..:thumbs:,mind you seeing a couple of rats bent up in a Fenn mk 4 made me smile a little :laugh:..

Real sickner that to loose them all in that way, like you say got to take the ups with the downs with all stock, think it's how good it is when everything is going right that keeps you going. But keep intouch mate I'd like to repay you for helping me when I was just getting going if there was more like yourself dog and bird game be alot better place, I'm same meself get young lads out with the dogs give them birds aslong as there keen and want to learn abit nowt better than helping lads out. I've got 5 pairs of bullies on so all going well I'll breed a few. But you know what bullies are like I can see there been a few tears before the summers out lol

• Like 1