Tx200 advice

I agree with the other comments on here Rob - He'll feel an improvement from just a good strip, clean, polish and relube.

Tell him to shoot it like that for a while then, if he still wants to experiment further, he can look at things like lighter spring guides and piston extensions.

If he wants to get really technical, there's some excellent info on Tony Leaches 'Lost Volume' Facebook group.

• Like 1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who actually believes what they read in theses mags . Fake mag  Ask another 100 readers and the results would be different  

IMO HW97 is far better than TX after a spit and polish ,      

I am really crap with a springer and I don't mind admitting it. The TX of mine was shocking in MY hands, my groups were rubbish BUT after Tim had fitted a TBT kit (not the short stroke though, not nee

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, mark williams said:

Well Si, I can`t comment there but you have seen the results many times over. :whistling:

Send me some pigeon pictures up and I’ll show you what a home tuned 97 can do... I can’t do it with the tx as I’ve not got it any more !

I’ve put all the original parts back in as I wanted to see if there was any difference to standard and it’ll take the drawing pins out of the target card at 60yrd ;) 

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, si brown said:

Send me some pigeon pictures up and I’ll show you what a home tuned 97 can do... I can’t do it with the tx as I’ve not got it any more !

I’ve put all the original parts back in as I wanted to see if there was any difference to standard and it’ll take the drawing pins out of the target card at 60yrd ;) 

I can only show the accuracy I`m getting and at a thumping 11.52 ft/lbs.

I wouldn`t take shots at 60 yds but check out this group against the nearby drawing pin head at 38 yds.

Do try the JSB Exact Express Rabid :good:

5a43ee41183e4_IMG_0255(1).JPG.7fe0022bf45c74a5187be6a9c5bb49b2.JPG

Sorry about the target boys ( old photo)  :feck:

• Like 1

I am really crap with a springer and I don't mind admitting it. The TX of mine was shocking in MY hands, my groups were rubbish BUT after Tim had fitted a TBT kit (not the short stroke though, not needed) and Tim work his polishing magic, the rifle was nothing short of outstanding even in my hands.

I cannot speak about anyone else's TX but the work done by Charlie Caller (Tim) changed that rifle by a mile. As a matter of interest, two guys on my RFD's range who were using TX rifles also had a few shots with mine and could not believe the difference as their guns were not tuned at all and by the same token, I shot with one of theirs, back to being crap again.

Phil 

• Like 4
8 hours ago, mark williams said:

Well Si, I can`t comment there but you have seen the results many times over. :whistling:

Waist of a £140 Marko imop

Iv no doubt the rifle shoots mint mate rat works dose a good job 

all im getting at is you could of done it your self .

its just taking that first step thats the hardest thing to do .

mind put a pcp in front of me and im fecked lol

but then again i did do the Kral but we will not talk about that one :whistling::whistling::cray::laugh:

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
8 hours ago, si brown said:

The 97 ,,,well iv not say,d out about it ,,,,,but,,,,in my hands its deadly iv shot the 97 from being a nipper

and Si has seen me shoot both of his ,,,i did not even adjust the scope as i did not want to change the zero as it was set for Si and not me

result

pellet on pellet same hole groups

Then i did the same with the Pro Sport same results

all three standing and kneeling shots

The 97s imo is the best springer out there and takes some beating

it was nice to see i still had it with the old girls

so much so i went and put another away at the rfd,s

The only down side is the wait of them but thats it

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1

I should have sent you the Christmas edition of Air Gun Shooter for a  giggle  :acute:

Well they ( the readers, shooting community) were voting on which is the best pistol, pcp, spring rifle, pellets etc, etc. - the article was called " Gear of the Year " 

Anyway you know the outcome James :p

TX 200 HC voted " The best"  :toast:

IMG_0854.JPG.3170f11fd5f13922892867eba531db13.JPG

If you notice the distant runners up  =@

" Here we go boys "  :snack::rofl:

• Like 2