Tx200 advice

My mate has the tx200hc, he says it's the best springer he's ever owned, but still wants to smooth it down a bit, reckons it's not nearly the gun he thinks it could be, now he asked me as I know my way around a pcp, but I have no idea about boingers, so what are his best options, short stroke, a drop in kit, ?

any ideas or help would be much appreciated as he is a real good lad with not much money but loves getting out with this gun.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who actually believes what they read in theses mags . Fake mag  Ask another 100 readers and the results would be different  

IMO HW97 is far better than TX after a spit and polish ,      

I am really crap with a springer and I don't mind admitting it. The TX of mine was shocking in MY hands, my groups were rubbish BUT after Tim had fitted a TBT kit (not the short stroke though, not nee

Posted Images

there a bloody good riffle to start with rabid and only really need re-finishing!

too much pre load is what fecks them up and with a good polish of the spring ends and a re grease it'll be sound...

ive done the drop in kits in loads of stuff and from my pov there a waste of money, if the power is good then just tidying the internals will improve it but if theres loads of pre-load tell him to ditch the aa piston head and order a vortek one... there mint and will bring the power up and reduce the pl

ive been using this grease for the springs for a fair while now and it stays put without spatting and causing dieseling , you'll be able to get it from work:whistling:

5a43870ce8613_MiF7J6tVTfSTLVJNVylkA.thumb.jpg.e83557f1b51e9585fc4dd10994e92552.jpg

• Like 3

Cheers si, I wondered about a strip and polish up inside, no idea what the pl is like yet, once I have a few ideas to base on I will get him round and we will have a look and see what it's like inside.

I have some of that grease in my workshop so no problem there

• Like 1

Im with Si on this Rabid

Just a little tune and polish will sort it

you dont need any drop in kits .

and there a peace of pishhhhh to strip

Im the other way round mate boingers are no problem but when it comes to pcp,s im fecked lol

If your not sure just take a pic before and after you have removed some thing then you have some thing to look back on if you get stuck .

works for me any way

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Im with Si on this Rabid

Just a little tune and polish will sort it

you dont need any drop in kits .

and there a peace of pishhhhh to strip

Im the other way round mate boingers are no problem but when it comes to pcp,s im fecked lol

If your not sure just take a pic before and after you have removed some thing then you have some thing to look back on if you get stuck .

works for me any way

Cheers jimmy, am sure it's not difficult, just never worked on one before, what I needed to know is the best way to get it as smooth as possible for him, I don't know anything about kits or Welsh willies ? And top hats.......

Starting to sound a lot like common sense now though, no need for all the fangdanglies, a good polish sorts a lot of problems.

• Like 2

Si did the one i have and its still as smooth to shoot now

and i think we have had it over 2 years now .

only had to open her up once to put some grease on the spring but that was down to me using JSB Heavy,s in it (but she loves them lol).

I use auto sol on them fit the piston into a drill then use a cloth cover the piston with the auto sol and set it away in the drill wrap the cloth around your fingers and put it on the piston the piston will go black as the auto sol dose its job then change the cloth to a clean one and do it again this will shine it up for you .

here are a few pics of before and after

P140411_17.48_[01].jpg

P140411_18.15.jpg

P140411_18.20_[03].jpg

P070112_18.55.jpg

P070112_18.55_[02].jpg

P080112_12.48.jpg

P231211_03.32.jpg

P231211_14.22.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, si brown said:

There all little bits of nothing that add up rabid... one thing is there sh1t at cutting springs and I’ve had to re shape the majority of the ons I’ve done! 

What do you do, just sand em up with some fine paper

Hi Rabid,

Have a butchers at this done by Rat Works on my TX 200 HC MK3 .177

IMG_0263.JPG.c390b2bad41090025686aaf7c40ff895.JPG

My TX is now every bit as accurate as my pcp`s, no ratchet clicking because of the short stroke but I find the lock time and recoil also much improved

Hope this helps any.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, mark williams said:

Hi Rabid,

Have a butchers at this done by Rat Works on my TX 200 HC MK3 .177

IMG_0263.JPG.c390b2bad41090025686aaf7c40ff895.JPG

My TX is now every bit as accurate as my pcp`s, no ratchet clicking because of the short stroke but I find the lock time and recoil also much improved

Hope this helps any.

how much do they charge for that mark?!

• Like 1

I would love to sit on the fence here but my .177 tx hc was good out of the box.

After a polish and fettle of the internals as Si and Jimmy said, it was a lot smoother but then decided to replace the AA spring guide, all washers and spring with a welsh willy kit and it was like bloody silk rabid. No short stroke of the piston just a straight swap of the parts and the difference was measurable by how smooth the cycle was and less twang due to the delrin replacing steel parts so I would say clean it up yourself and drop a kit in pal?