Cheap .22 Break Barrel

1 hour ago, Jonnyb6161 said:

Thanks guys. I looked at the HW80 but it's a bit more than I wanted to spend. I wasn't aware of BSA quality issues but I've tried their PCPs and they were awesome.

I was thinking of the HW99s because if it is any good, it might be a good candidate for good tune up (maybe Sandwell Field Sports). Add that to the cost of a high end HW and we're talking good quality PCP money.

I've bought from Redbeck before( both my other rifles). Do they let you try them out before buying?

99s are generally as sweet as straight out of the box. With a good tune up, probably the best springer I've fired !

2 hours ago, Jonnyb6161 said:

Thanks guys. I looked at the HW80 but it's a bit more than I wanted to spend. I wasn't aware of BSA quality issues but I've tried their PCPs and they were awesome.

I was thinking of the HW99s because if it is any good, it might be a good candidate for good tune up (maybe Sandwell Field Sports). Add that to the cost of a high end HW and we're talking good quality PCP money.

I've bought from Redbeck before( both my other rifles). Do they let you try them out before buying?

Yes that is why they have a range you drive past to get to the shop.

Ask to try them out and choose what you like...

33 minutes ago, Jonnyb6161 said:

Thanks for the advice guys. I picked up a sparkly new hw99s today from Redbeck. First impressions are pretty good. I obviously needs leading and bedding in (and I need tons of practice). I'll let you know how it goes.

Had a hw99s myself about 10 yr ago , I liked the wee air rifle , if they wasn’t on fac over here I’d have one still

1 hour ago, Jonnyb6161 said:

I was told that FAC was easier over there.

It is IMO , but not when you want more than one type of gun , got to justify your need each one ?

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, Sorry I've not been on for a while but I wanted to give the HW99s a good run out before posting. 

I was surprised at how light it is and how easy it is to shoot. I'm shooting it far better than my HW97KT .177. It's less hold sensitive. There's more muzzle flip and recoil than I would like so I'm saving the pennies for a tuneup. 

The 99s can’t be beaten for the money. Well made,nice to shoot, light weight. Tuned they’re even better. I even bought a custom stock for mine, I like it that much more now as it’s a joy to handle as well as to shoot.