Who bred the first ever bull grey????

There s a man on Facebook well known judges a few shows breeds quite a few terriers claims he bred the first ever bull grey? In the 80's, from South wales, his initials are D.B some might of heard of him. Is this true he bred the first ever? I beg to differ myself

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lord Orford 1700's.......lol mind bull lurchers being mentioned in old books I read as a kid, written long before 80's

People who are interested in hunting and it's history, that's who. Folk who take up hunting for two weeks before moving onto something else tend to not have any pride in it's history and traditio

A bloke called Whin in Scotland bred the first of every type of Lurcher 

Posted Images

Probably some kid some where on an estate who had access to one of his family’s/friends bull dog bred one but didn’t shout about it ...it’s a hard claim to make ..however I read that one of the first decent bred bull x dogs was a fawn coloured dog I’m sure it was called buck .can remember seeing it along time ago on a picture wich looked like it was from the 80,s  ? owner was a long haired man in a knitted jumper ?

1 hour ago, FKOF said:

There s a man on Facebook well known judges a few shows breeds quite a few terriers claims he bred the first ever bull grey? In the 80's, from South wales, his initials are D.B some might of heard of him. Is this true he bred the first ever? I beg to differ myself

how could he of known its impossible

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

lord Orford 1700's.......lol

mind bull lurchers being mentioned in old books I read as a kid, written long before 80's

There you go. Czarina I think her name was was a prominent brood who was a fighting dog cross and Fullerton was from her and is in the blood of every greyhound alive to this day. The question should be "when did the bull cross become popular ?".

Ted Walsh has photos of Staff cross lurchers in his famous book from the 70s. However, a friend of mine bred a litter in 90 and out of 9 pups he put down 3 because everyone thought he was mad and the pups were not wanted. Two of the litter went to a lad who killed over 90 foxes with them in their first season and then everyone wanted them.. So IMO the bull cross lurcher has only been popular here in Ireland since the early 90s.

JMHO.

• Like 1

There's been bull xes since man utilised running mastiff types maybe sixteen century who know earlier , the pit terriers we now no has American pits were fetched over the Americas with the early settlers some from Ireland others from the other British colonies.they became known has American pit bulls in later centuries ,they nothing but the same has the early pit terriers that were used back the times of old.bull xes hounds have allways been here just not in the vast numbers of say the nineties when they had a boom of popularity fact his any working type animal suffers over time without the pepping up of abit of bull and I don't mean bull shit .they in all the types from Earth dogs to strong dogs to top coursing types fact .the first man who ever utilised the hound and the bull xes no will ever know what I do know his this the driving dogs of the Aussies carry the bull the kelpies the whole history of working animals bred da drive etc have bull terrier in the make up of there breed type  fact I would not get hung up with self motivated fools ,who believe that they were the first this and that truth of the matter with all the great working British animals ,they were given to us from our ancestors we choose to tweak and produce lines or types from them to keep the working types alive.atbbunnys

• Like 6

First one I saw ov and heard about and only one around at that time,was a red racey dog called Lock , the lads who I started off hunting with got him off the men they was hunting with, in a swap. The dog had a good name for himself but died in a accident. On talking to one good man he said that the dog was off a man the knew in Wales. This was about 83