Brittany spaniel

I've got three of them that I use with both the hawk and also the gun.

The first Brittany I bought and still have, is from the Hawkwise Kennel which is from Steve Wright. He is the UK Club president.

I also have a young bitch out of the old dog and also a bitch I bought in from another kennel.

Try looking up the UK club on the internet or Facebook. there are a few litters advertised, but I would be very careful where I bought one from.

Some say their dogs work, but are mainly used for showing - not that the dogs don't work, but its just some are very pig headed and are not very biddable and may want to hunt into the next county...LOL

Like some one said earlier, why not get one from your friend in France?

• 3 months later...

All the Brittany's Ive seen have lived with e collars on in the field and would fight any other dog in the area. They don't handle particularly well but they are nice as a house dog if kept by themselves. I had one for a friend as he was short on time and it was ok but they aren't as good as a good setter or spaniel and they don't train at the same rate. I'd  consider a English setter,

best of luck,

jakk

A friend of mine has three, decent dogs but not doing anything better than other more popular breeds are capable of.

He has them because he liked them and wanted something different, not because he thought they were better than other breeds, which is fair enough.

I tend to simplify things, if certain breeds, Brittany's being one of them were so good, how come they're so few in the field.

On 12/04/2018 at 10:05, mackay said:

A friend of mine has three, decent dogs but not doing anything better than other more popular breeds are capable of.

He has them because he liked them and wanted something different, not because he thought they were better than other breeds, which is fair enough.

I tend to simplify things, if certain breeds, Brittany's being one of them were so good, how come they're so few in the field.

Remember that the Brittany is a French breed and I believe they are still very popular over there as gundogs.

Its each to their own, and what suits one person may not suit another.

I too have three of them and I agree that they're not for everyone, but mine suit me for what  do.

Cheers