Sign in to follow this  
kenj

Festive Pheasant Pasties

With my wife making mince pies and me in the kitchen mixing up some more pheasant burgers, I made up some savoury pheasant pasties, adding some mincemeat and whisky. The result, a sweet tasting pasty, that went down well with a glass of mulled wine.

a80VEH9.jpg?1

Well worth the experiment. The recipe is here. http://www.urbanfieldsportsman.com/index.php/festive-pheasant-pasties-with-sweet-potato/

• Like 2

Saving a couple for mulled wine in front of the TV with Jools Holland at New Year.

Very nice mate , cant beat a well filled Pastie 

We are having a couple tonight. Saute'ed pototatos, veg and gravy. just right for a wet evening.

HERES MY MRS.EFFORTS...DELICIOUS,,LOTS OF HERBS AND SPICES RUBBED IN...

PHEASANT.jpg

On 12/24/2017 at 04:50, kenj said:

With my wife making mince pies and me in the kitchen mixing up some more pheasant burgers, I made up some savoury pheasant pasties, adding some mincemeat and whisky. The result, a sweet tasting pasty, that went down well with a glass of mulled wine.

a80VEH9.jpg?1

Well worth the experiment. The recipe is here. http://www.urbanfieldsportsman.com/index.php/festive-pheasant-pasties-with-sweet-potato/

i was liking the post til i got the mulled wine....awful

They were festive pasties Ted, the mincemeat, sweet potato and whiskey making them very sweet. Added oranges and brandy to perk up the mulled wine. I usually make rabbit pasties with chorizo and recently added sweet potato to these, along withe the onion and potato instead of swede. Improved the flavour and texture. I am not a cook, but enjoy trying new ways of cooking game.