What do we know about target cams?

Anyone tried one? Would save a lot of walking when zeroing. Or could tell you when a warren is coming out at 300yds. 

Don’t even read this U. You just carry on with what you were doing. You’ll go blind or something ?

• Haha 1

On 24/12/2017 at 14:03, Meece said:

Another barmy idea. 300yard Rabbit! What with? A 22.250.  More stuff to cart about and Go wrong. Get in closer or get a ferret.

Completely missing the point and yet more unwanted philosophy!

For 300yds read 1000yds or 1500yds!

On 24/12/2017 at 21:44, Tyla said:

Spotting scope?

I do use a very good spotting scopeTyla  @150yds when zeroing or plinking and I make my own shoot n see targets but targets get used and have to be replaced or resprayed in the case of shoot n see. For whatever the reason I'd prefer not to do the 300yd round trip too often.

It might be possible to stream direct from a wireless GoPro to your phone - see periscope app for the iphone (unsure here of the wifi range).

Failing that, check out RC forums / shops as most RC aircraft / drones these days use FPS cameras that can stream live footage back to the receiver (in some cases with a phone used as a screen). Typical cameras would be cameras such as the Runcam, Mobius etc. Obviously on top of these you need a couple of housings, batteries with suitable connection / circuits, a transmitter circuit and a receiver circuit. However, most of the rc circuits aren't expensive to buy.

Thanks Alsone. I believe my buddy is working on such a rig using the phone which will record as well. The uses are many.

When developing rounds/powders I’m looking forward to being able to mark each round on an identical target at the bench and put each fired case in its numbered pouch and so show why the flyers etc at leisure.