The Perfect Cafe

25 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

This is the only place I enjoy a breakfast from, it' only 7.50 anyway if you want to sit and savour it. All food cooked properly as you come in and a proper tea that gets refilled if empty. 

Screenshot_20171222-214744.png

A cafe round Brighton fruit and veg market (if that’s even still there??) used to do that and call it the same thing.....same in the plate as well.

They gave you a lighter if you could finish it.......I had a bit of cake after and they gave me two lighters ! Lol 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never get my head around chips in a fry up or a burger patty.

Tomatoes have to be fresh tomatoes cut in half or quarters and fried and if any Cafe decides to put tinned ones on your plate making everything soggy walk out, I also agree with the Yorkshire Gold in

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, WILF said:

A cafe round Brighton fruit and veg market (if that’s even still there??) used to do that and call it the same thing.....same in the plate as well.

They gave you a lighter if you could finish it.......I had a bit of cake after and they gave me two lighters ! Lol 

Looks doable ?

Good quality bacon well done

Non snotty, non frilly eggs

Good sausage

Beans

Plum tomatoes

Black pudding

Mushrooms

Hash browns

Potato cake

White toast, not pale, not burnt

Fried slice

Marmite or raspberry jam

Pint of builders tea

Cheers, D.

10 hours ago, robertb123 said:

What's the bacon like in America?

For me Has to be good bacon, sausage, black poodig, fried mushrooms, runny eggs, tomatoes fried or tinned. and a good fried slice and crusty bread at the least!

The Yanks are big fans of the streaky bacon. It can be very fatty. Nothing wrong with it but when you're dealing with British Standards I want the f*ck*ng kite mark on it. That means my local butcher gets me the proper stuff. As for the sausage, I've yet to see my local man beaten. You name it he's got a recipe and the last lot I had in were caribou. I know because I watched him process the carcass! Amazing stuff and not bad for a little shitty hick town.

9 hours ago, green lurchers said:

Beans don't belong in a microwave bacon should be grilled   Tea has an ern   Bread fresh baked cut by hand  not outa packet  fresh mush n toms grilled not fried homebmade bubble . Ize a fussy cnt lol  

The beans were touching the rest of the food. I send it back.

Nothing wrong with standards my friend. Anyone of us could check out tomorrow so why not indulge ourselves now and then? I've just got in from run to Las Vegas. I'd love nothing more than to stick a breakfast on but it's 0112 at the time of posting and it'd just piss everyone off. So I poured a giant glass of bourbon for supper!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, robertb123 said:

What's the bacon like in America?

For me Has to be good bacon, sausage, black poodig, fried mushrooms, runny eggs, tomatoes fried or tinned. and a good fried slice and crusty bread at the least!

You what? :blink::laugh:

• Like 1
17 hours ago, jiggy said:

I used to go to small cafe and they used to chop up a full breakfast and put it into an omelette. It was one of the nicest things I ever ate but there had to of been 10'000 calories in there ???

Like the sound of that! 

• Like 1

I made a breakfast lasagne a couple of year ago I keep meaning to try again. It worked well though with layers of egg instead of pasta and there was square sausage, bacon, black pudding, mushrooms, beans and plum tomatoes in it. I'm going to try again with a deeper dish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, waltjnr said:

Like the sound of that! 

It's a lot of eating a full breakfast sausages,bacon,tomato,white pudding,black pudding,mushrooms and tomato cooked first then chopped up and thrown in to a 4 egg omelette with grated cheese. Have that with tea toast and beans on the side and see if you are still hungry after it. I can promise you your next nappy change will be a full one to put it delicately. If you still are hungry then add more eggs next time. It's quite easy make too. ???

• Haha 1