My new double is brilliant.

Had a great day, six hours non stop hunting.

Started off with Jess working a fox in a boggy wood, I stood still as she courses around me giving little voice then Charlie came bolting past just to far for a shot.

It jumped the river to escape but well done Jess.

I missed a crow and a pigeon but after missing a pheasant got this one.

IMG_20171222_105830155_HDR.jpg

I realized I was leading to much and after some ground covering got my second bird.

IMG_20171222_125312973.jpg

Shortly after that a cock bird erupted and I took my time lead less and fired but out the smoke appeared a runner!

I encouraged Jess but she could not see what was unfolding so I just watched where it went into a wood and followed.

Jess entered the wood encouraged by me but she missed it and I spotted it hidden by a pond, I did not hesitate and shot the second barrel at its noggin.

The bird dutifully lept into the pond but to my complete surprise Jess lept into the water and retrieved it :shok:

IMG_20171222_131144367.jpg

Half a mile later and another cock bird gives me a shot.

IMG_20171222_134811907_HDR.jpg

At this I was done but with one tube still loaded, that is when Mr crow appeared at thirty yards and dutifully took a face plant in the dirt!

A brilliant day but I never saw a woodcock or rabbit, sad.

U.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Looks good fun U . I’ve found a armi jäger 45 smoothbore for sale 225 been looking for one for ages and one turns up just befor xmass when I’m skint lol I’ll get one soon enough,, then there will be acouple mor3 members posting smoke poles ??

Great write up and pics U what a varied day Jess is a very versatile little dog you have there I remember one post you put up she was climbing trees lol, I'm looking forward to getting out with my new SxS next week some good eating you have there for the festivities coming up have a good one. 

• Like 1