BSA Air Sporter mk1 .22

Planning a little project Marko? Do it. 

Ive seen bangin decent ones at 225-250... Not a mark on um. Bloody lovely too. 

How much work does it need mate? 

A friend of mine at the club has one for sale, 140 quid, needs work too. Im assuming the one your looking at is around that price point.

Airsporters. Easy in the top 3 best looking rifles produced imo.

• Like 1

You are all correct lads and yes Matt, the one in Chorley :thumbs:.

He wants £200, I offered £160 in the end and still wasn`t enough.( I did start at £100)but he didn`t know that was me. :laugh::whistling:

Yeah Rez, why not have a dabble at a bit of restoration work for Winter evenings.

Lets face it, if Mac can do it, we fecking can !  :rofl:    x

Just pulling ya leg Jimmy  :laugh:

Well he declined my offer and I wasn`t going to offer more, ( full restoration required)so that`s, that, I suppose.

I`m at an arms fair in January so maybe something nice there ? - I`m in no rush.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
38 minutes ago, mark williams said:

You are all correct lads and yes Matt, the one in Chorley :thumbs:.

He wants £200, I offered £160 in the end and still wasn`t enough.( I did start at £100)but he didn`t know that was me. :laugh::whistling:

Yeah Rez, why not have a dabble at a bit of restoration work for Winter evenings.

Lets face it, if Mac can do it, we fecking can !  :rofl:    x

Just pulling ya leg Jimmy  :laugh:

Well he declined my offer and I wasn`t going to offer more, ( full restoration required)so that`s, that, I suppose.

I`m at an arms fair in January so maybe something nice there ? - I`m in no rush.

Bit naughty of him Mark. It didn't say it needed a full restoration job or did i read it wrong pal?

They all want a good job of it Matt especially after 40- 50 yrs :shok:.

I would probably be better lowering my sights, if I do have a go, to something for a novice like me to say a nice old mk1 meteor or similar ?

Then mither Jimmy/ lads daft with questions :yes:

• Like 1

I must admit that I want a tuning kit to smooth mine out. I have the one in the photo's above that Jimmy did but I am truely rubbish with it but there again I was with the TX until our Charlie Caller worked his magic on it so I guess I need to get my arse in gear and sort one and get it booked in with Tim in the new year.

Phil

• Like 1

Hmmmm :hmm:, glad I refused to go further now.

This chap is back on free ads selling a " rare" gat rifle, - bit of a dealer me thinks is Chorley Boy.

No disrespect but we now know you are dealing air rifles.

Good luck.

Get your self a hw35 Mark an old batter,d one

and ill help you to restore it mate hit me with as many questions as you like mate

and she will be right .

One thing thats important when your refurbishing a rifle is

dont rush it mate take your time

and when doing the stock,,,,when you think its done DO IT AGAIN

What ever you get Mark im here to help bud

I mean at the end of the day what have you to loose

if you feck it up all you have to do is send it to me to put it right .

;)

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1

Your a top lad Jimmy and if I do take the plunge, I will definitely take up your kind offer of help and advice :yes:

It`s the same old thing after work these dark cold nights. - crap telly and beer.

I need to get rid of the telly  :laugh:

Yeah, I might have a dabble, complete novice like but " FUN"  :boogy:

Thank You Jimmy.

• Like 1
On 12/21/2017 at 21:09, philpot said:

I must admit that I want a tuning kit to smooth mine out. I have the one in the photo's above that Jimmy did but I am truely rubbish with it but there again I was with the TX until our Charlie Caller worked his magic on it so I guess I need to get my arse in gear and sort one and get it booked in with Tim in the new year.

Phil

You just need to learn how to shoot a spring rifle Phil

them air sporters were like that when new some had a hell of a kick lol

you would think you would be ok with a springer as you shoot shot guns and they have one hell of a kick on them.

If i remember right iv polished every thing in that rifle cant think of any thing else it needs ,,,may be a new spring

but thats about it

• Like 1

The biggest rule I keep when springer shooting is -

" Never, ever, take a grip of the fore end " just let her lay in the palm of your hand/ or over your hand and allow the shot cycle to do it`s own thing.

Your accuracy will improve considerably :yes:

Lifting your thumb alongside the stock when shooting is as much as I ever interfere with that shot cycle.

This is why I "adore" hunting with spring rifles, - your shooting knowledge and skills truly get tested, where as with PCP rifles they get " bridged".

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mark williams said:

Your a top lad Jimmy and if I do take the plunge, I will definitely take up your kind offer of help and advice :yes:

It`s the same old thing after work these dark cold nights. - crap telly and beer.

I need to get rid of the telly  :laugh:

Yeah, I might have a dabble, complete novice like but " FUN"  :boogy:

Thank You Jimmy.

Its addictive Mark 

But the best feeling you get is when its all done

and you take a look at it sitting there in all its glory

and looking like new .

And to know YOU DID THAT no one else you

I started because i could not afford for any one to do it for me

Iv a passion for it love to do it

Its like every thing you do for the first time Mark

the first time is the hardest

but once you have the first under your belt then its easy .

As you say,d Mark dark cold nights and nothing on the box

GO ON YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

You just need to learn how to shoot a spring rifle Phil

them air sporters were like that when new some had a hell of a kick lol

you would think you would be ok with a springer as you shoot shot guns and they have one hell of a kick on them.

If i remember right iv polished every thing in that rifle cant think of any thing else it needs ,,,may be a new spring

but thats about it

I am quite sure you are right Jimmy, it is just me, I simply can't seem to crack the technique of springer shooting although I had no problem whatsoever with my tuned TX. I will be putting a bit of range time in to see if I can improve things somewhat.

Phil

• Like 1