Christmas before Christianity

Some people don'  half make their lives complicated .Your born ,you live you die and return to nature .Nothing else ever bothered me least of all fanciful stories or made up gods lol .Get a grip ,go with the flow and hope your last breath is pain free .

• Like 3

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh god, I've started a god thread....

There's conclusive proof that Christmas was being celebrated way before the birth of Jesus Christ, as far back as the Stone Age in fact.    

Its for allsorts of topics mate, surprised your not on it?   Tbh mate dont mean to be ignorant, but thats between me an the bigman, but its not about what hes done for me, im not in it for

Posted Images

There was this alien being from another dimension, as he was a he there must have been she's so we have a whole species, anyway they /he comes along and thinks lets create a whole new space/time/continuum, then create all the matter in it, then a planet, then create life on that planet, then watch it, with occasional input, ie killing the who population etc, raping virgins etc......

All a bit star trek for me..........

In comparison evolution seems extremely straight forward.

Culturally old religions are great insights to the past but as a basis for belief ?? Bit far fetched for me.

Merry xmas

Evolution is straight forward?.......what, a big explosion happened, some atoms(that had not previously existed before and suddenly appeared out of nothing) bonded with other atoms and given enough time they produced all the myriad different forms of life and geology on this planet, in just the right places and perfectly made to suit that environment.......just by accident?

And MY view is supposed to be far fetched!.........the fact is, both views are just different beleife systems and you could easily mock either sides following really.

• Like 2

Either just a matter of quantum fluctuations and a big enough space and time for Mozart's monkeys to write the music or an alien being???

No piss taking just a comparison.

see link for info

https://arxiv.org/abs/1404.1207

bit more here

https://medium.com/the-physics-arxiv-blog/a-mathematical-proof-that-the-universe-could-have-formed-spontaneously-from-nothing-ed7ed0f304a3

Edited by sandymere
19 hours ago, Francie said:

Truth always comes out in the end tho:bye:

It does mate and it's the truth whether you believe it or not.

2 hours ago, WILF said:

Evolution is straight forward?.......what, a big explosion happened, some atoms(that had not previously existed before and suddenly appeared out of nothing) bonded with other atoms and given enough time they produced all the myriad different forms of life and geology on this planet, in just the right places and perfectly made to suit that environment.......just by accident?

And MY view is supposed to be far fetched!.........the fact is, both views are just different beleife systems and you could easily mock either sides following really.

I try not to mock either but one of these belief systems has mountains of empirical data to back it up. The other not so much.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, sandymere said:

Either just a matter of quantum fluctuations and a big enough space and time for Mozart's monkeys to write the music or an alien being???

No piss taking just a comparison.

see link for info

https://arxiv.org/abs/1404.1207

bit more here

https://medium.com/the-physics-arxiv-blog/a-mathematical-proof-that-the-universe-could-have-formed-spontaneously-from-nothing-ed7ed0f304a3

But space or time didn't exist so how can you give the monkeys something that was nonexistent?  infact how could the monkeys exist at all :hmm:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ChrisJones said:

It does mate and it's the truth whether you believe it or not.

I try not to mock either but one of these belief systems has mountains of empirical data to back it up. The other not so much.

Haha not this again chris, so if something has mountains of empirical (observation + testable) data, why is it not put to bed then, like 2+2=4????

What the feck is missing from this data to put it to bed once an for all???

Its not put to bed an you know it bud, so were does that leave your data???

Could you give me one, of this mountain of data, to show without doubt, molucules to man???

I dont want a debate honestly, its just a laugh when you come out with such tripe mate hahaha

54 minutes ago, kanny said:

But space or time didn't exist so how can you give the monkeys something that was nonexistent?  infact how could the monkeys exist at all :hmm:

Good question kanny, any answers sandy?

Your acting like space time an matter were already there, but it wasnt, so how did space time an matter come into this???

Im finished work for christmas, me an family an friends are at lovley hotel in donegal, im chilling an just well chilling, but in funny mood so entertain me sandy:boogy:

8 minutes ago, Francie said:

I dont want a debate honestly,

:laugh:

Mate, we've done this to death and anything I post you're either never going to read it or refute it as some sort of conspiracy combining it with a YouTube montage.

Enjoy the birth of your saviour mate! :thumbs:

9 minutes ago, Francie said:

Good question kanny, any answers sandy?

Your acting like space time an matter were already there, but it wasnt, so how did space time an matter come into this???

Im finished work for christmas, me an family an friends are at lovley hotel in donegal, im chilling an just well chilling, but in funny mood so entertain me sandy:boogy:

Well did your alien invent space time????:diablo:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ChrisJones said:

:laugh:

Mate, we've done this to death and anything I post you're either never going to read it or refute it as some sort of conspiracy combining it with a YouTube montage.

Enjoy the birth of your saviour mate! :thumbs:

Haha its not his birthday bud, your on reddit to much?