COME ON THEN PHILPOT WHAT YOU THINK OF THE PHOTON

Strangely enough Jimmy, I have been playing around with it today. I was hoping to test out to about 100mts but the area which is ideal for setting scopes and holdover at distance has sugar beet all round the green lane running through it, low wind area, BUT today they were cutting the crop.......................................bugger.

If all goes to plan, it will be later in the week.

I have been sat in the garden a few times looking out across the fields to get used to the feel of it and have to say I do like it. It does seem a little strange looking through a digital image with one eye instead of using both eyes looking at a screen but early days. I think I will need a an NV spotter if I go for one of these as it is not as quick or easy to simply scan the area with the NiteSite held at waist level or out of the car when driving around the farm estate but that is all part of this different approach to night shooting for me.

It was very good of you Jimmy to loan me the unit for a short while mate, a real chance to assess if it is the way for me to go and I am very grateful mate.

Phil

• Like 1

YOUR MORE THAN WELCOME MY FRIEND

THE ONLY DOWN SIDE I WOULD SAY IS WHEN YOUR ZEROING IT

I FOUND THAT YOU CANT SEE THE IMPACT HOLE OF THE FIRST SHOT EVEN AT 30YRDS

SO I USED SOME HIGH VIZ CUT TO THE SIZE OF THE HOLE AND STUCK IT ON WORKS A TREAT GLOWS WHEN YOU LOOK THROUGH THE SCOPE SO YOU CAN MOVE THE CROSS HAIRS TO THE HOLE

AND SET IT .

AND ITS A PAIN TO WALK AROUND WITH ,

IM GOING TO USE IT AT THE FACTORY,S AS A LAY IN WAIT RIFLE SET AT 30YRDS UP TO THE FENCE LINE LOL

ATVBJIMMY:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: