Strange offering's at Leeds market!!

Had a few nights in Leeds earlier this week.. it's bang on for those that's never been.

Went round Kirkgate Market to kill an hour.. its got some top quality fish mongers i might add?

To get to the point.. clocked this pile of 'shite' at the well stocked butcher's counter.

Someone please explain!!  Surely it's just ferret fodder???

IMG-20171214-WA0000.thumb.jpg.8952f75355220e532a58902574ac00f7.jpg

Ive heard that they are used as Fake calamari or a delicious Pork Arsehole Pate.  a bit more expensive per Lb but You only get one arsehole per pig I suppose. Waste not want not. ?

Edited by Meece
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Had a few nights in Leeds earlier this week.. it's bang on for those that's never been.

Went round Kirkgate Market to kill an hour.. its got some top quality fish mongers i might add?

To get to the point.. clocked this pile of 'shite' at the well stocked butcher's counter.

Someone please explain!!  Surely it's just ferret fodder???

IMG-20171214-WA0000.thumb.jpg.8952f75355220e532a58902574ac00f7.jpg

It's a good old fashioned market, I can remember going in it regularly 40 years ago and pestering my old dear to take me to the fish isle.  It's probably better now and I usually go in once a week for some bits and pieces.

• Like 1

In the 60s a bloke would come round the pubs selling it there were two types one was Piping and the other was Hodge, Hodge was pressed , it cost two and half pence a tub and was eaten  cold with Vinegar and pepper the same man also sold Pigs feet Sheep, Cow heel was nice eaten cold  and often added too Stews, my Mam and sister also ate something called  Wesum  , this was a cows throat also eaten cold  or again added to stews, it was all cheap and tasty snack food for the working folk and most people my age would have been brought up on it because in those days there was nothing else.

• Like 4