You can buy and use second hand mate. 

A few of the scrap yards round here sell salvaged pipe. Twin wall and lagged too. 

I think the last lot I bought was just over a tenner a metre with joint fixings extra. All  of which were stainless. 

Or you could always pretend it was already in when you bought the place, find out you've not fitted it in line with building regs and not be able to get it signed off as safe by building control, have to take it out to sell the house....

or the minute you finish spending your time and money only to find out you needed planning for a new chimney, they don't grant a retrospective application for whatever reason and you have to take it all back out and make good the damage done, a timely and costly exercise.

or have a house fire....

or kill yourself and family through carbon monoxide poisoning.....

is it really worth cutting corners ?

ever heard the saying, if you play with fire ...................

• Like 3
5 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

My daughter has recently had one installed and fitted plus the fireplace surround and a resin beam above it that looks like wood and did not get much change out of 3k 

That sounds about right, I just fitted one in my place and the stove alone was over 1k, with all the work I did, 3k sounds about right.

10 hours ago, j j m said:

I really fancy one of these fitted

Tell thee what bud, it's the best thing I ever did in my place, well worth all the hard work involved.

still a couple more little bits to finish it off.

IMG_0505.JPG

• Like 4
Just now, Rabid said:

That sounds about right, I just fitted one in my place and the stove alone was over 1k, with all the work I did, 3k sounds about right.

Chap who fitted it has done a cracking job and the heat they throw out with the fan that works of the heat thermals heats the whole house.

• Like 1