Two piece spade/shovel

I did post this in the 'Hunting Equipment' section but have had no replies so thought i'd try here...

I'm looking for a good quality two piece spade/shovel for ratting and ferreting. Looking for quality steel, robust and well made. If the pieces can be put on a sling to wear over my back, all the better.

If there are any lads knocking them out to order please let me know.

Cheers.

Not sure if there is a good one out there mate, but the little roughneck micro is short and light you can loop a piece of rope handle to shaft and sling it over your shoulder.

https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p61959?r=googleshopping&rr=marin&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googleshoppingfeed&mkwid=s8Xbrprnk_dc&pcrid=204088985742&pkw=&pmt=&product=61959&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI543bs8iR2AIVLpPtCh3RLQZFEAQYASABEgKIxfD_BwE

You could try a bullnose grind off the bottom rivet knock it out pull apart use a bolt to fix together again. Not sure its much help to you mate. 

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

Got one of them thin roundmouth rabbiting jobs. They are handy enough (even as a walking stick!) and i'll stick to that if i can't find nowt else but was hoping someone does them in a two piece, all steel with slings.

Seen a cracker the other week, lad had it for the terrier job and it had a smart screw fixing with a ball lock on the end. Only problem was he'd bought it on, so had no idea who made it...

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/12/2017 at 17:35, Arry said:

Not sure if there is a good one out there mate, but the little roughneck micro is short and light you can loop a piece of rope handle to shaft and sling it over your shoulder.

https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p61959?r=googleshopping&rr=marin&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googleshoppingfeed&mkwid=s8Xbrprnk_dc&pcrid=204088985742&pkw=&pmt=&product=61959&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI543bs8iR2AIVLpPtCh3RLQZFEAQYASABEgKIxfD_BwE

You could try a bullnose grind off the bottom rivet knock it out pull apart use a bolt to fix together again. Not sure its much help to you mate. 

Cheers Arry

That's what I use for ferreting mate...decent little spades for not much money 

• Like 1
On 17/12/2017 at 17:55, Bosun11 said:

Got one of them thin roundmouth rabbiting jobs. They are handy enough (even as a walking stick!) and i'll stick to that if i can't find nowt else but was hoping someone does them in a two piece, all steel with slings.

Seen a cracker the other week, lad had it for the terrier job and it had a smart screw fixing with a ball lock on the end. Only problem was he'd bought it on, so had no idea who made it...

Borrow your mates and bring it into any steelworks fabrication/engineering yard and they will easily copy it. If you have head and handle.

• Like 1