Gotta have a heart

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

About two years ago I was working on a property in the central tablelands NSW when the bosses wife called me to rescue a baby fox down a  mine shaft.These people would have to be the kindest farmers i

Well done real country man Its not all about the hunting but enjoying nature aswell.  I watch foxes, birds of prey, song birds, rabbits at work find it very relaxing.

Years ago I got four cubs ferreting,I gave them away to mates, one of them lived in doors with a jack Russell until it was around 16 months then it just cleared off one day,I’ve killed foxes on shooti

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

I don't hunt in summer in central west NSW,this week in the 40s every day,kill a saluki.The cattle dogs and kelpies seem to handle the heat,probably the dingoe blood.Plus too hot for the ferrets.

I pick my days, start at sun up usually home for lunch. even in winter our ground is hard in comparison. we got 35+ next few days Thursday morning ismy next planed morning, sunup 12 celsius 

Only snakes in my part of the country,crocs,dingoes in the north,nearly lost my little whippet cross to a sick roo that attacked me when ferreting.I reckon the dog saved me but copped a bad rip fighting the roo.The biggest killer of all hunting dogs here is the bloody heat.They say the average lifespan for a pig dog up north is 3 years.

Just now, Aussie Whip said:

Only snakes in my part of the country,crocs,dingoes in the north,nearly lost my little whippet cross to a sick roo that attacked me when ferreting.I reckon the dog saved me but copped a bad rip fighting the roo.The biggest killer of all hunting dogs here is the bloody heat.They say the average lifespan for a pig dog up north is 3 years.

DH's using wrong breeds Pig hunted flat out north of bundy and west 10 years+ never lost a dog to heat stroke HealerX bulls and stick near water

• Like 1

A couple of days ago went to feed the ferrets and a brown snake was under their raised cages,it struck at my leg but my little whippet cross(who is scared of snakes) grabbed it and it took off under a rock pile.Something we live with on a daily basis in the warmer months.Definitely put the wind up ya.I hate the b*****ds too.

2 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

A couple of days ago went to feed the ferrets and a brown snake was under their raised cages,it struck at my leg but my little whippet cross(who is scared of snakes) grabbed it and it took off under a rock pile.Something we live with on a daily basis in the warmer months.Definitely put the wind up ya.I hate the b*****ds too.

are you allowed to kill them on your property? or in self defence kind of thing?

cos iv heard in some US states they can kill any venomous snake on sight and some states they cant really do anything depending on local laws

i imiagine a little .22 air pistol would do the the trick wouldnt really need much power a UK legal one would probably work