Gotta have a heart

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

About two years ago I was working on a property in the central tablelands NSW when the bosses wife called me to rescue a baby fox down a  mine shaft.These people would have to be the kindest farmers i

Well done real country man Its not all about the hunting but enjoying nature aswell.  I watch foxes, birds of prey, song birds, rabbits at work find it very relaxing.

Years ago I got four cubs ferreting,I gave them away to mates, one of them lived in doors with a jack Russell until it was around 16 months then it just cleared off one day,I’ve killed foxes on shooti

Posted Images

Years ago I got four cubs ferreting,I gave them away to mates, one of them lived in doors with a jack Russell until it was around 16 months then it just cleared off one day,I’ve killed foxes on shooting estates or were farmers wanted rid of them,however I can not see the point of killing foxes that are not causing a problem,I also don’t understand the hatred some people seem to have for foxes, maybe it’s just talk.

• Like 3

It's great to see there are hunters out there that respect the animal's we hunt, I've killed foxes all my life but the last few years if they are not causing a problem to the land owner I'm quite happy to let them go, and to be honest I enjoy seeing them run off more than shooting them.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, FKOF said:

Pricks with them rifles thermal and night vision wiping everything out on mass. No fuks given 

I suppose i must be one of them so called pricks, but when it pays the bills and the mortgage, but i probably have forgotten more about wildlife than you will ever know and spend all my life in and among animals,  so FKOF

• Haha 1
56 minutes ago, FKOF said:

Pricks with them rifles thermal and night vision wiping everything out on mass. No fuks given 

Same where I'm at. One crew in particular supposedly shoot over a 100 in a month when they got there new toy. All road sided and left lying. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Pirate 9000 said:

It's great to see there are hunters out there that respect the animal's we hunt, I've killed foxes all my life but the last few years if they are not causing a problem to the land owner I'm quite happy to let them go, and to be honest I enjoy seeing them run off more than shooting them.

Same here I used to kill every fox I saw when I was younger but now a days I just don't have it in me. Nothing I like better than too see a nice handsome fox going about it's business. If I spot one I distract the lurcher to give it a chance but he soon twigged that one and fooking zooms off ahead looking out for one now lol if he suspects any thing

3 hours ago, myersbg said:

I suppose i must be one of them so called pricks, but when it pays the bills and the mortgage, but i probably have forgotten more about wildlife than you will ever know and spend all my life in and among animals,  so FKOF

That old chestnut? pays the bills bla bla 

Foxes are enemy no1 here.1080,shooting,very small numbers  are caught with running dogs,hardly any terrier work,  but I think they fit in the new eco system,to control other introduced animals,mice,rats, rabbits and keep feral cat numbers down.Take the fox out and the cats will have a field day.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, green dragon said:

Do you think the Aussie bread dogs deal with the heat better than  british dogs

I think they have plenty of time to acclimatise, same with hard ground we don’t seem to get as many injuries, not saying we don’t get them but you would think running them on Aussie sun backed ground the injury rate would be at least double but it isn’t my whippet/dh has had little to no injury been running since a pup and that is par for the course from my experience.

• Like 1