can you catch cancer.

To reply to the title, no, I think the true cruelty of cancer is the fact that it seems to be so random.

I think some people don’t mean to be unkind, they just don’t know what to say.........dealing with death is VERY unfamiliar territory for most people.

Personally, I think all you can be is normal and honest with people.......just don’t be f***ing weird about it.

Socks, great post mate.

1 minute ago, baker boy said:

Exactly the same with my father but he died at 57

Our kid was the same. He went from a mighty oak to a withered sapling. 57 years old and my mentor. In the end he had us laughing and crying with what he was saying, all down to the drugs. You’ve got to be strong. I often wonder why him and not me?  

Eddie its madness how many chemicals are in our food, slowly but surely building up in our bodies, an eventually we get sick.

Fruit an veg has all the nutrients our body needs daily, not saying its a cure all, but the saying you are what you eat rings true, our processed food is acidic, but fruit an veg are alkaline, to much acid starves our cells of oxygen, therefore the cant apotosis, they reckon when theres not enough oxygen in the cells an blood your body is acidic, an gets sick, the less acidic food an more alkaline the better

• Like 1
1 hour ago, cragman said:

Our kid was the same. He went from a mighty oak to a withered sapling. 57 years old and my mentor. In the end he had us laughing and crying with what he was saying, all down to the drugs. You’ve got to be strong. I often wonder why him and not me?  

Sorry for your loss mate, an everyone else on thread.

2 minutes ago, Francie said:

Eddie its madness how many chemicals are in our food, slowly but surely building up in our bodies, an eventually we get sick.

Fruit an veg has all the nutrients our body needs daily, not saying its a cure all, but the saying you are what you eat rings true, our processed food is acidic, but fruit an veg are alkaline, to much acid starves our cells of oxygen, therefore the cant apotosis, they reckon when theres not enough oxygen in the cells an blood your body is acidic, an gets sick, the less acidic food an more alkaline the better

Well said Francie. You have explained it better, than I ever could. Still don't know if I could ever give up meat. The thoughts of even cutting down is scary. Not as scary as been told "you have cancer"; though. Now that's f*ckin scary!!

theres nothing to be afraid of in visiting some one with cancer,ive done it and id do it again if I had to ,I lost my mum at the age of 40 with lukimia not sur if spelt it right but you know what I mean she suffered for 2 years before my loving mum died,you would not let a dog live radiotherapy bloodtransfusions and could only eat ice cream ,then she would bring it back up ,but cancer treatments of certain types have come on a long way in 40 years

3 hours ago, baker boy said:

Exactly the same with my father but he died at 57

bloody hell  , thats no age ,  i get the feeling your young bloke , i was  55 when my old man died , even though we never got on , we were like 2 pits having a go  if in the same room, maybe it was through keeping bull breeds to long  lol. but i love to talk to him now, and tell him that i am granddad  now , ive got a 5 month old grand daughter (Auriella ) he have been proud of her and my son Neal ,  you deff   miss them , he always told me  live for today, as you might be gone tomorrow  , he was 100% right deff:yes:

Something my mate said yrs ago has allways stuck in my mind.

He said.

When I was a kid I could be 5 houses away from my grans house when walking up the street and I could smell the lump of beef she was cooking in the oven.

Nowadays I've got to open the back door to smell the meat.

I'm certain He was right about that. today's meat just aint the same as it was.

It's a similar thing to what max is on about.chemicals on the fields in the cows food etc.

2 hours ago, WILF said:

Max, I have to say when you ain’t talking football you come out with some cracking posts and that mate, is one of them.

Well said.

was just about too say the same thing, very good post Max mate, I'm pretty sure where being poisoned as a race well at least the poor and ignorant are, look at the food programmes on TV they aint no representation of what the masses are eating, a trip round ASDA would show you that lol  human food has become the equivalent of dog food, the more you earn the more you can afford better food, quality food keeps you heathier and stops many problems that we treat with various treatments and tablets etc , simply put  its in their interests to provide you with food that will lead to you becoming ill as they can then also sell you the cure, good food costs sod all that's the real crime, but not any more

It' not just cancer though is it, people just don' like it. My dad's house has always had a pigeon bloke or hunting lad in it at all times of day and night, there was always a 'friend' visiting yet when we thought we were going to lose him 2 year ago not one visited the ward. 

People struggle with seeing people in a poor state and I don' think they want memories tarnished and I don' think they know how to deal with an I'll person. 

I stopped visiting my God father when he got old and ill. He had no kids and little family and I hate myself now for not being their. One of my very few regrets in life.  He had been a giant of a man, a true war hero, drove landing craft at Normandy. I think I stopped going as I was afraid of death, seeing him get old fading away made me face mortality and I just wanted to close my eyes to it, pretend it didn't exist. I'm embarrassed and ashamed about it now I really am

34 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I stopped visiting my God father when he got old and ill. He had no kids and little family and I hate myself now for not being their. One of my very few regrets in life.  He had been a giant of a man, a true war hero, drove landing craft at Normandy. I think I stopped going as I was afraid of death, seeing him get old fading away made me face mortality and I just wanted to close my eyes to it, pretend it didn't exist. I'm embarrassed and ashamed about it now I really am

The harsh truth is.i believe It takes them types of scenarios to shape us as we get older.

Both my grand parents went within 6 months when I was 18.and i lived with and was brought up by them.it definately changes our outlook on the world.