BEDBUGS. Best product/method used ?

Guest vin

:laugh: @ TOMO...Pharaoh Ants are also a pain to deal with,..in fact, I'm heartily glad that I chose to ditch all my Domestic and Commercial pest control work.

I said goodbye to the Confused Red Rust Grain Beetle,..left the Oriental Cockroach and the Bed Bug, to go feck themselves and abandoned the great rat and mouse hunt.

Instead, I sold off all my Contracts to the highest bidders,...

"You will starve ya silly c*t",..said, my associates, "Without Contracts,..you will not be able to pay the mortgage".

Luckily, I disagreed, my resolve remained firm, and instead of spraying bugs,.I bred copious amounts of ferrets, took out a big feck off Yellow Pages advert, and went on the rabbits...:yes: Then, as I got older,..fatter,..and wiser,... I realized my physical limitations and went full-time Mole Trapping...

Today, I spend the warm Summer months on the Wasps and Springtime on the Moles,....my pals all said I would starve,...but I didn't...:thumbs:

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TOMO said:

my old boss always said the best treatment was a can of petrol....or better still pass it on to another pestie....feck bedbugs

I did the 1st visit yesterday at a local domestic to prepare the customer for the 1st spray treatment visit etc.. When I asked him if he had any pets he went out of the room and came back with a hob ferret in a budgie cage... It had only 3 legs. . . You would love it mate... ferret wobbling around the house,6 kids and 2 adults in a 2 up and 2 down with a downstairs bathroom and toilet..  . Roaches in the kitchen..bedbugs all over the upstairs and front/living room. . . . Shitty nappies and blood clots all over the beds, Not from bedbugs by the way...lol. Every room piled high with clothes and bedding and kids toys.drawers and wardrobes full to the max with all sorts of shite. . . an absolute nightmare.

I would love anyone to come and look at this place if they need to see how the other half live. . . . It's obviously a private rental. and the Landlord will not be paying for the treatment. It's almost as bad as the one I did recently with the Rats and Roaches running wick throughout the property. 

If conditions in the property are as you say i would walk away unless you  can get the customer to improve conditions and work with you.

You will never be able to resolve a bed bug problem in such conditions with all the insecticide in the world.

This type of situation is common place in the private rental sector.

Working for a local authority we would refer this onto private sector housing department  and depending on the age of the children social services and arrange EHO involvement.

Your heart goes out to some of these people and in particular children in such situations what perception of life do they grow up with.

You also need to consider adjioning properties are they infested from experience I never treat a property adjioning to any other property in isolation. Does a low level of activity indicate a newly introduced bed bug problem or a high level bed bug issue in the adjioning property. Some times the latter.

I constantly see people questioning the use of ULV as part of a bed bug treatment.

When this questionung of ULV first became reported in magazines and on training in respect to it having a negative impact and possibly spreading the bed bugs because it is an irritant and they try and aviod it we susupended using it.

The outcome was an increase in the number of visits required to clear a job.

I then returned to using ULV and the number of visit required to clear a job up reduced.

Theory is one thing but practical experience as with a lot of things in pest control teaches you something different.

Integrated use of all  formulations ( water based,powder,aerosols and ULV) of insecticide thorough inpection and repeat visits is required on all jobs.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, budgie123 said:

If conditions in the property are as you say i would walk away unless you  can get the customer to improve conditions and work with you.

You will never be able to resolve a bed bug problem in such conditions with all the insecticide in the world.

This type of situation is common place in the private rental sector.

Working for a local authority we would refer this onto private sector housing department  and depending on the age of the children social services and arrange EHO involvement.

Your heart goes out to some of these people and in particular children in such situations what perception of life do they grow up with.

You also need to consider adjioning properties are they infested from experience I never treat a property adjioning to any other property in isolation. Does a low level of activity indicate a newly introduced bed bug problem or a high level bed bug issue in the adjioning property. Some times the latter.

I constantly see people questioning the use of ULV as part of a bed bug treatment.

When this questionung of ULV first became reported in magazines and on training in respect to it having a negative impact and possibly spreading the bed bugs because it is an irritant and they try and aviod it we susupended using it.

The outcome was an increase in the number of visits required to clear a job.

I then returned to using ULV and the number of visit required to clear a job up reduced.

Theory is one thing but practical experience as with a lot of things in pest control teaches you something different.

Integrated use of all  formulations ( water based,powder,aerosols and ULV) of insecticide thorough inpection and repeat visits is required on all jobs.

Well said Budgie.

I cannot walk away sometimes because I know the next step for some of these people.. I regularly spend way too much time sorting jobs out and doing my best to communicate to the customer.  its funny but now I'm a private pesty I'm getting jobs in properties that the local authorities have had many dealings with in the past. . . It's also fair to say the Landlords are quite often from the Asian community.  Let's just say it's not easy getting a property shut down. 

In certain areas locally we are seriously infested with roaches, bedbugs and rats.  The kids can pick them up at school from the other kids coats and bags etc. I go to houses where you shake down the coats/fleeces on the back of the kitchen chair and roaches fall out the pockets..lol. And they all are in and out of each other's houses all day and night.  We did a bedbug job recently and I told the bloke not to get rid of the bed until treatment was complete... 2nd visit the beds out on the street up the back alley..lol...  as were coming out after doing the treatment one of the neighbours tell us that a fella from a few doors down had been out and took the bed for himself...heheeee..   priceless.  

There's also a few local secondhand furniture shops and auctions that people have bought items from and ended up with infestations etc.. 

I see some hellish places. Did a job for a disabled bloke today, his carer said he had the money to pay. Once I'd done the paperwork he couldn't find his money....by now the carer had been swopped for a hooker who visits him twice a week.......i had to take the whore to the cash machine with the blokes bank card. I can normally screen the bad jobs out at phone call stage. 

I would never do bed bugs unless it's a clean house and a sane normal customer 

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I see some hellish places. Did a job for a disabled bloke today, his carer said he had the money to pay. Once I'd done the paperwork he couldn't find his money....by now the carer had been swopped for a hooker who visits him twice a week.......i had to take the whore to the cash machine with the blokes bank card. I can normally screen the bad jobs out at phone call stage. 

I would never do bed bugs unless it's a clean house and a sane normal customer 

I can see totally get you there matey... I'm in those properties quite often.

Clean house, Normal customer... There the VIP jobs for me...lol.    I dream of hotel rooms these days..  Such luxury and so completely piss easy.